Why are midgets allowed to drive cars, but not kids?

Kids are usually taller than midgest and they still can't reach the gas pedal, but midgets are allowed that's not fair. Also if you lower the seat for the kid eventaully their feet could reach the gas pedal.

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't realize that midgets wanted to drive kids. 😨 Yes, I know what you really meant. I'm pretty sure it's because kids lack the knowledge and common sense needed to drive a vehicle. I'm also pretty sure there are provisions in place for people under a certain height.

Most Helpful Guy

• First off kids don't know how to respond in situations that occur when driving. They aren't mature enough.
    Secondly if you lower the seat then they can't see over the steering wheel.
    Thirdly would you feel safe with an 8 year old driving a multiple ton metal death box at any speed?

• Midgests wouldn't be able to see over the steering wheel either

• But they can get the car adjusted to their size, as could a kid. But the simple fact of the matter is that kids don't have the decision making skills

What Girls Said 9

• Uh - because midgets are adults and have the mental acuity needed to drive a car.

• but they can't reach the gas pedal either or see over the steering wheel

• There are special gas pedal extensions and booster seats. I have a friend with dwarfism and he drives just fine.

• I love your question!!! I really fucking do love this question!!!
    I don't have the answer, that's why I love it!!!

• It's not about physical size. It's about the ability to process all the necessary information and control risks.

• It has more to do with age then size.

• Because lots of kids are reckless.

A close family friend died in a car accident, she was driving. Barely turned 18, and she died on her birthday.

• So that can happen to anyone

• Yeah but I know a lot of kids who shouldn't drive 😂😂 like a couple of my friends. But I'm not saying all kids are irresponsible. My bestfriend drives fairly well.

• A kid is mentally Immature.
    A midget has is just midget, he's still an adult in his head. He learnt how to drive a car. He knows when he has to stop, he knows the signs. It's completely different

• Midgets have the brain of an adult
    Kids don't

• Because midgets are still grown people and kids are not. That's my opinion

• but they can't see over the steering wheel either

• Yea but I do know that they will get there car fixed like higher seat and other stuff.

• You don't give anything much thought do you?

What Guys Said 8

• i think driving has a lot more to do with, awareness than size lol!

• At the risk of sounding like that super-duper-PC-liberal type, "midget" is considered to be a derogatory term. It's akin to calling a disabled person a "retard."

Anyway, to answer your question, it's all about mental maturity. It's got nothing to do with physical capabilities.

• Yeah but I don't see how being called a dwarf would make them feel any better lol. Well most of them do tend to have shorter limbs as well as the other obvious thing which is short in height.

• the mind and maturity level are completely different.

• i0.kym-cdn.com/.../eb6.jpg?1307463786

######################################################################

• Most likely because kids aren't trusted with driving a vehicle that can cause the death of anyone inside and around it if they stop paying attention.

• Because kids haven't reached the maturity with respect to motor skills yet, midgets have. It's not about height, it's about the neural system.

• Because kids are immature and don't understand reality properly.

• Ok... read carefully... because... all midgets aren't kids! Get it!