What's your guys' opinions on therians/otherkins?

Just wondering your opinions on therians and otherkins. If you don't know what they are, these are the Urban Dictionary's definitions of them:

Therian - Short for therianthrope a therian is somebody who feels a connection with an animal. Not necessarily an animal from this plane either, although most accepted therians tend to be animals such as wolves or big cats there are some who believe themselves to be unicorns or other mythical creatures. The connection the person feels with the animal can range from feeling they have been born into the wrong body (similar to those with gender issues) to simply a belief that they were an animal in a past life and still retain some memories or behaviours of said animal. Therians do not physically become the animal they have a connection with, although some do describe "mental shifts" where they feel their whole thought process becomes that of the animals. Therians are not to be confused with the Furry fandom who have a completely different relationship with animals.

Otherkin - Otherkin are a fringe group of human society who, for one reason or another, believe themselves to be the reincarnation of mythic creatures, typically elves, though others include dragons, demons, vampires, ogres, deities, and so on. Related groups include therianthropes, who believe themselves reincarnations of animal souls, and otakin/otakukin, people who think they are reincarnations of fictitious characters from Japanese anime, manga, and video games.

No hate please, we deal with it enough, just wanna know your opinions. <3

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't feel much attraction to the people the urban dictionary describes. I never met one of them

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's fine.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• My actual reaction to otherkin: "LOL noooope"

https://youtu.be/8y1GbBhu9hA

• I was assured by my local Native American medicine man that I am indeed the reincarnation of the former Shaman King.
    I believe.

• I think it's bull and most likely just some sort of coping mechanism.