If an employer has 2 vacancies, can they interview for 1 only and appoint people to both roles without considering applications for the other vacancy?

For example if they're interviewing for position A and they find someone perfect for position B, can they just appoint that person to the role without considering applications from others who have applied for position B?

• yea they can
  • No they can't but many do it anyway
  • No they can't and dont
    Vote C

10
Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 1

• Employers can promote internally.

Ex: I am employed as an intern with my organization. In December, when I graduate, I will be promoted within the department and be placed in a vacancy without having to interview for it. Because I already interviewed for the internship, they don't need to interview me for the position.

Also, my aunt works at a place that had a position opening up and her boss thought she'd be perfect for it so he offered it to her before he opened it to others. She went through the interview as a formality and they interviewed others but she was guaranteed the job even before it became available.

So... yeah.

What Guys Said 0