I've got sand in my phone, does anyone know what to do?

I dropped my phone in the sea today. Thankfully i had a phone case on it and it must of helped it to float as i hardly got any water inside. It's working except the power and volume button is slightly sticky but i can live with that. My issue though is that i have sand stuck in the socket where i plug my earphones. I tried sucking it out with a hoover and picking it out with a hair pin but my earphones still hardly go in. I'm guessing there is quite a bit in there. What should i do? My phone is currently in a bag of dried rice. I'm hoping it will dry the sand and make it easier to hoover out.

What Guys Said 2

• oh man.. if only you had a vibration test system within your reach! if you can find a way to loosen the sand up then do that and be patient picking it out.

• I don't think sucking it out with a vacuum will have much affect. Try instead an air-duster used for computers. Blowing it out with the high pressure might just work.

• What is an air duster?

• How can i get it should i say

• An air duster is a can of aerosol spray of compressed gas, that ''blow'' with a lot of pressure. You can find them at your local drugstore, wal-mart, fred-meyer, office-depot. Try googling air duster to get a better idea of what I'm talking about.

What Girls Said 0