Why do I find reading boring?

I get super-bored. I start skimming through the book.

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha are you like me where you're so used to ctrl+f for a word that unless it's something that really got your interest you just wanna scan for that one word. And with physical books you can't so that gets boring real fast, at least e-book I can get what I need to get and be like ok I'm good.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends what you're reading, sometimes you've just gotta force yourself to go past the first few chapters. What have you tried reading?

What Guys Said 9

• You and me both. I do not like novels as I am not good at keeping in my mind what happened in the pervious chapter and often end up thinking "What was that". Maybe it is because I find reading boring and a chore rather than relaxing.

• Maybe it doesn't have enough "action" for you. In today's world it can be acceptable since reading isn't the only effective way of getting information anymore.

• Possibly because you're not reading the right books. I used to do that for books I wasn't totally into. I started reading science fiction novels and it totally changed for me.

• Because it really depends on the kind of book your reading and to me I also find it boring just in general

• Same for me. I just can't get myself to read books. Boring.

• You know when I can't sleep, I bring out a book and fall straight to sleep. Just the thought of reading makes me tired.

• I read 52 books in the last 4 months it's not boring at all

• It depends on the book

• Reading isn't for everyone

What Girls Said 0