Guys, What would u do if you found out ur girlfriend cuts?

7

Most Helpful Guy

• My girlfriends friend used to cut, but my girlfriend didn't.

She lived with this cutting friend who she said was very difficult to live with, and whilst she hid her own depression, her friend was the type to shout it from the rooftops.

Not sure how I'd handle it. We both came to the conclusion that some people keep their depression to themselves, others like to announce it to the world. Not saying that's true of all cutters, but it was in this case.

What Guys Said 6

• Tell her she is perfect and doesn't need to do that

• Let her know there are other options.
    It's all ya can really do... hopefully she would turn to me instead of the blade.

• I think my reaction would be merely to ask her why she does it and just try to understand or make her feel better.

• I would stand by her wile she gets help

• i used to. i would sit her down and talk to her if she's ready to talk about it, no pressure.

a good heart to heart will help, you can't force someone to stop but you can love them and support them and tell them if they need someone to talk to , you're there day and night

• I would be somewhat disappointed that they fall victim to the "currently most socially culturally hip way of causing pain to yourself for no reason"