What kind of mental disorder cause these symptoms?

For the past few months, my emotions have have been like a roller coaster, like this
1. I feel depressed and shut myself in my room.
I get mad to see people happy
I want everyone to go away.
2. The next day, I feel emotionless.
3. After that, I want to be depressed again.
Then the cycle starts all over again.
Please help, It's been too long since I was happy.

Why have my emotions been like a rollor coaster?

Most Helpful Girl

• This sounds a lot like depression. I had the same symptoms. For the whole day I'd cry to myself even at school and I'd get mad because people would ask me if I was okay. I'd listen to sad music and I'd shut myself in my room and feel like I was a waste of space. I'm so sorry you feel like this. It's the worst feeling in the world. I felt like I wanted to fall asleep and never wake up, like an endless dream. I felt numb most of the time and I just went through the motions of living. I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry. I want you to know that I'm hear for you, which you've probably heard a lot of. Please take care of yourself and talk to someone you trust. Depression hurts... and I know first hand. I wish you luck if I never hear from you again and I love you.

• Did u grow out of it? Do you think I may do the same if so?

• I have not grown out of it because I have a chemical imbalance. I have to have medication to balance the levels out for me. Some people grow out of it, though, but they have to take the initiative to find what makes them feel better.

What Girls Said 1

• No mental disorder. Probably just hormones (which is normal for your age) or having some stress. Try to rest a bit and do something fun with friends or so.

• exactly

and asker dont let people tell you it's depression... people call ANYTHING depression nowadays when it really isn't

• Is there some sort of line between the two?

• I've been depressed and I've been hormonal a lot before and I know the difference. It took a long time to feel the difference and it gets confused a lot. Depression is for me at least a month and you can laugh with friends, but you can't be truly happy. You're not feeling like doing anything, but you also kinda do because you want to snap out of it. Whatever you do it's impossible to feel truly happy.
      Hormonal you feel grumpy, worthless and you want everyone to just go away. Your tolerance level is very low. For me it takes about a week. Sometimes two, but after it you can feel happiness again.

What Guys Said 1

• That probably just means you're unhappy with your life at the moment.