My friends parents abuse her emotionally and physically. What can she do to get out of the house?

She's overdosed before and she has PTSD from how bad they used to abuse her (they still do). She wants to leave the house but she's only 15, what can she do to leave?

If it makes a difference (by law or anything) she lives in Virginia

Most Helpful Guy

• She needs to tell someone who in turn will have to call DHS to report the situation. I was a preschool teacher for 3 years and by law if a child told us he/she was being abused in any manner we had to call DHS and police

• I'll talk to her about that. Thank you!

• I will be sure to tell her and the "consequences" of doing so. Thank you so much, Smahala!

• You are welcome and thanks for MHO

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe talk to a higher authority but first consult with her that this is what she wants , I don't know if emancipation would work but talk to her and maybe she could live with you. Good luck! Ps could you answer my last question please

• I would first take her to the hospital if anything recent happened physically they can do a report from there and make sure she doesn't have any long term injuries if she doesn't want to go to the hospital have her consult with her close friends or other relatives that would be willing to take her in and let her stay with them protective service is gonna wanna talk to not only her but her parents to here both sides make sure your doing whats in her best interest they might not take her away right away it could make the situation worse have her move in with a relative or stay with a friend for a while or work something out but definitely have her talk to a trusted adult like a friends parent or relative thats can keep stuff private

• Have her go to the police...

What Guys Said 2

• 3 options. 1) Call DHS and report it (may result in adoption house if guardian isn't available). 2) If she can get someone willing to be her guardian, they can go to court to take custody over her. 3) Run away.

• You and she should report her parents to the police.