If you ever adopt a child, woud race, ethnicity and/or gender ever matter to you?

For example, lets say you are white married couples planning on adopting children and the only available children you can adopt are Hispanic/Latino boys. Would that matter to you?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I would specifically try to get a child of my race to try to blend that child with me.
    (So the adoption won't be obvious).

Of course, I wouldn't be only limited to my own but that is what I would like.

I feel like being the same background as my child, I can better teach him/her about their own identity and relate to them on a entirely different level.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• Yes I would rather have a child of my own race and preferably the gender I want as well. I want it to be like they are my own since the only reason I would adopt is if I couldn't have babies myself.

• It really shouldn't matter xD

• I'd adopt a baby girl first... Race? Eh, it doesn't not matter to me at all

• No, it does not matter.

What Guys Said 5

• It would NOT matter to ME.
    It would matter for the child to fit in with the local population, avoid being subjected to the hate of crackers.

• No... i've been thinking about it... i think i would like to adopt and i dont have any special preference.

• No it would not

• People are idiots if it matters... You can put him in soccer so he can go pro

• Whos says i can't go afopt again :o