How to know what your personal scent is?

You know when you say someone has a smell? How do you know what yours is?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's very hard, if not impossible to know your own scent but this is a great, untouched topic. Although we can recognize our own scent, it's not possible for us to know whether it is desirable because we are always around it. I always notice my scent when I leave my home for a few days on vacation or business. When I come home, I notice it.
    I have been told by Women since I was a young man that my smell is intoxicating. At first, I thought it was the deodorant or lotion that I used because I don't wear cologne. After several years of hearing this from so many different Women, i realized that it was indeed my personal scent. I've had girls go as far as steal random clothing items from me and when I asked them about it, they would say "So I can smell you". To this very day, I get compliments about the way that I smell.
    I have also encountered people who have pleasant smells. There was a girl that I dated in college that I used to LOVE going to her apartment because the smell was so fresh and unique. I could never explain it but I swear that even after 15 years, If I were blindfolded, I could pick her out of 100 girls.
    What it is about our smells that attracts us to one another? If a person smells good to you, do they smell good to everyone? Is this a natural form of compatibility? These are all great questions to ask.

What Guys Said 5

• If you're not smelling bad, it's mostly likely just your shampoo and laundry detergent. Everyone's hair smells pretty similar when it's not dirty or you can't smell shampoo. And other than that, skin smells like skin.

"Natural scent" is kinda bullshit.

• Don't take a shower for two days
    Lie in until super late- about 11am or later
    Close the door behind you
    Take a shower
    Take one big sniff when you walk back into your room
    That's your smell :)

• My personal scent is aftershave, so I think I'm alright. 😂

• That is probably the most common odd compliment I have gotten from women, that I smell nice. I actually seem to have very little body odor. Unless it's hot and I sweat a lot and go several days without showering it's not really detectable. I don't just mean to me, I've tested this on girlfriends, they can't tell whether I've showered and hour ago or three days. They actually say I smell nicer up to a point the longer it's been. Several girlfriends used to stick their nose in my armpit when we cuddled, which was a bit weird.

• I don't think we can notice our own scent. Only other people can. I know my cat knows my scent. He will always sit on my clothes if they're on the floor

What Girls Said 4

• Not sure if that is possible. Since we can get used to a smell that we are exposed to for a long time. So the scent you give off your brain will be used to the scent so it won't be noticeable at all.

• Ask your lover to smell you 😉 it always works

• People say I always smell like babies so I put coconut perfume on

• Take a shower and put on deodorant and don't put on perfume. During the day you will smell your scent