Am I desperate for signing up for volunteer work just to meet guys?

So i just signed in for volunteer work.. is it bad that i do it only to meet people, or to meet guys to be more spesific? I just moved and there ar no attractive guys in my class or in my mentor group.. So to increase my chance of meeting someone i decided to sign up as a volunteer. Am i desperate for doing so?

Most Helpful Guy

• As much as we are pained to say it, doing volunteer work can be a good way to meet people, and you're doing a good deed in the process. It's actually a much better way of meeting men than work or school because most companies don't allow interoffice relationships. If they break up, and the girl tries to claim rape (even if it didn't happen), the girl can sue, and she'd win. It's an image thing for the company. So, they don't allow it

Most Helpful Girl

• No it's normal... that's how people meet and at least you are here online sexting pedophiles...

What Guys Said 7

• You're not remotely desperate. You're very, very SMART. f Finding a church with lots of guys is another avenue for meeting people. So are Meet Ups.

• Nope. That's pretty average.

• No, its not desperate

Think it through in terms of effectiveness, though:
    - are there a lot of guys likely to be volunteering?
    - are they the sort of guys you will / would like?
    - if you don't meet anyone will you have enjoyed the volunteer work?

You might be better served to join something that you will like anyway. That way if you do meet someone, you'll have something genuine in common. And if you don't its something you like doing

• not at all it sounds very pro active

• Yes, very much so. You are not volunteering to make the world a better place, you did it just to meet guys, Thats pretty shallow

• It's normal. I do the same, not for volunteer work but other activities.

My workplace has no suitable girls and I am living in a new city so not many friends to go out with.

• Sounds like quite a good plan to me as you will meet like minded people

What Girls Said 4

• No.

I think it's a great idea.

At least you're putting yourself out there to meet others.

Some people sit back, do nothing about their situation and constantly dwell on it.

• No, I don't think you're desperate for doing that. Volunteering can be a great way to meet new people.

• Don't think of volunteer work as meeting guys. Think of it as meeting friends and new people and learning new things! if you meet a guy great fantastic. Just don't expect it and it could happen :)

• Not at all, you're helping others, even if unintentionally.