Help! My phone's not charging!! What to do?

I'm currently using Samsung S3(very old fashioned I know) and my phone is not charging no matter how I tried it. Is there anyway to make it charge? I tried almost everything, moving the cable here and there but it's not working. PLEASE HELP?

Most Helpful Guy

• Power cycle your phone. Sometimes when you've gone many days without restarting your phone, the process that is responsible for monitoring charging fails to load. Restarting the phone may clear this up. I had the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

• I restarted my phone like 5 times a day cos my phone is not working and I get really annoyed when my phone got charged by luck and the next moment 'please connect your charger' :'(

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe the charger is broken? Buy a new one?

What Guys Said 6

• If it's a usb charger, borrow another one, just to see if the charging indicator shows. You can also plug it into into a usb port on a PC. Me Galaxy Ace is charged from my PC.

If you have to buy a new charger, make sure it is a GENUINE Samsung charger. Look alike chargers can catch fire or explode!

If it's not holding it's charge, then the battery could be duff. Probably better to but a new phone, then.

• Nope, I don't think it's the USB charger, and yea, my Samsung charger is original, and the battery, well, it gets 'low battery' very easily, but other than that, there's no problem

• Sounds like the battery is defective. You can get replacements, but make sure it's genuine. It may well be cheaper to buy a new phone!

• My charging cable goes bad a lot on my iPhone but could also be charger and if the battery is really old at least on your phone you could change it

• Get a new charger, and take the phone to the phone store

• Change charging cable

• I had like five charging cables. And I tried each of them but still not working :/

• Hmm okay calm down take the battry on the phone

• Samsung S3 is old fashioned what's WRONG with that phone you can still call people can't you? I'm using old Nokia phone and I'm happy with it - cellphone is for calling not for playing games and checking stupid social media like a kido.

• Maybe the cable or charger is broken? That could be a very good reason

• No, I think the 'charger that plugs into the wall' is broken. It's very difficult to get it connected.

• Then I'd say that's it. Time to buy a new one

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe you need to buy a new charger. I know for my laptop, over time the chargers get bad so i have to buy new ones. Maybe its the same with your phone

• Then its either your phone or the place you plug in doesn't work. In my room, in some areas when i plug in it charges and in other places it does. So test other things as wee if any of your plugins work or not. If they do, then its your phone