Can we actually detach ourselves from our own view?
Can we eliminate bias?
Do you think we can be objective but only based on the parameters (hopefully, that is the appropriate word in english) that we define as truth?
I'd like to hear your input.
Or just a yes or no.
- No.32% (9)44% (17)39% (26)Vote
- Yes.57% (16)41% (16)48% (32)Vote
- Other.11% (3)15% (6)13% (9)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
objective = we see something entirely and for exactly what it is and only for what it is
1. we are not even able to perceive the world around us entirely
2. every nomenclature comes from us not from the "object"
3. we´re emotional beings.
maths is an attemt at being objective but even maths can´t be completely objective (only on an abstract meta level)
TL:DR no we can´t3
Most Helpful Girl
Maybe on an individual level but even than I say no because the way we view reality is very personal as it's colored by your own life experiences. So even on an individual level we view the world and experience life very differently from one and another.1