Can I keep a dog in an apartment?

I wanna my dog to be happy would this bother him :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure you can, i've lived in smaller places and had 4 big dogs at once.

I would walk 2 at a time but I had dog beds and kennels all over my house. I'm not sure why people are under the impression that dogs need this huge space to run around in, they don't normally run around a lot inside anyway and they love being all up on you all of the time no matter how big or small your place is.

You should just give him a lot of exercise, lots of toys and be sure and train him while he's a puppy.

What Girls Said 3

• As long as the apartment management allow pets, sure! You just need to see what they allow, some places say yes to cats and dogs with no size limit (some say only small to medium dogs only, no large dogs).

Depending on how large the dog is, you would have to take him out on walks or dog parks, especially if it's a larger dog. I found a few cute dog parks in walking distance of my apartment, and another near my new house. :)

• I got a golden dog medium size and I walk hum a lot

• Great thank u very much 😊

• No problem! :)

• Yes, but maybe a small dog. Big dogs need lots of space and exercise. You may need somewhere to let them walk and run.

• If its not left alone for too long and you make sure to take it on plenty of outing/walks, then no it should be fine...

What Guys Said 3

• What kind of dog is it, and how big is the apartment?

I saw people who had huskies and hounds and German Shepherds in my high rise. That's just not right.

• I got a golden dog and my apartment is big

• You need to be diligent as that's fairly big, make sure you take it out all the time for exercise so it stays healthy and happy.

• Okie thanks 😀

• Yeah you can just need to take your dog out a lot.

• It depends on the apartment's policy