Would you allow your child to eat sweets from an early age?

Would you?

Do you?

• Yes
  • No
  • Undecided as not yet a parent
  • Only special occasions, e. g. birthdays, Christmas, etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd never ban it but I wouldn't supply it until their older either.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• It would have to be regulated, I myself have a sweet tooth and its really hard to stop indulging, kind of wish I had learned at a younger age.

• I would allow on Birthdays, Holidays but not too much cause of the risk
    on their health such as : Diabetes, Obesity , Heart disease and even'
    early deaths.

• Special occasions, so my child could learn how to control urges and not become overweight and have health problems, other than that it's mehh I wouldn't mind my child having sweets here and there, but then again I don't want kids.

• How early we talking here? Probably every now and then

• Well how early of an age are we talking about here?

• Not all the time.

• Maybe on weekends and holidays

• Yes, but not too much, i personally hate sweet things so i will control how much they eat

• Only on few occasions, after that I will make sure he brush his teeth and gargles

• i'd rather them be addicted tosugar then drugs!

• As long as they stay away from bananas !!!

What Girls Said 13

• big part of how you will look later is determined by what you eat in the first few years of your life, if the child eats a lot of veggies and fruits, healthy things, he/she is going to continue doing that, thus leading to a healthier lifestyle.

For exemple, when I was little I never ate candy or fries or ice cream or whatever until I was 4. It may seem cruel but I had never tasted it so I didn't miss it either. I ate raisins instead of candy, bread when my parents ate fries, I ate lots of veggies. As an outcome, I still love healthy foods, and I am not so keen on fast food, I eat it but not a lot. I am very thin now. I believe that any one can get a healthy weight if you eat healthy with few jun foodythings and excercise.

My parents were less strict on my brother, because he was the second child, he started eating sweets early one and now he prefers cheesy, junkfoody things, he's overweight.

So you should really consider waiting as long as possible with candy and junk food when you get a child, it will be worth it! :)

• Well, I obviously don't have children but I think I would allow them one treat of their choice a day & I would put them somewhere they can't reach so they would have to ask me to give it to them - I would also teach them the importance of a healthy lifestyle from a small age.
    Not giving them any sweets could be a really bad thing to do because they'll be curious since they've never tried it before and once you can't control it anymore they might end up buying and eating tons of it.

• On occasion, but not as scarce as holiday and birthdays. I'd encourage them to go for healthier sweet options, or bake my own treats so I know what is going into them but sweets would certainly not be a regular occurrence.

Fizzy pop drinks would be a no-no though. Absolutely no way would they be drinking that crap and rotting their teeth.

• not sure. if i did, i know it would be like once a week or something.

• My daughters almost three and the most she gets in regards to sweets is fruit snacks. she's lactose intolerant so she doesn't really even eat cake on her birthday. I don't want her getting addicted to that shit.

• You could make a vegan birthday cake if you wanted to. But sugar is super addictive and it is probably smart as a parrent to avoid it as much as possible.

• I would not like he eats sweet but kid is kid. They will want when they see
    It would be limited for them ; that is what I think.

• Nope. I wouldn't

• Just special occasions, but that is it!

• Yeah sure I guess

• sure, just a healthy version of sweets.

• No I would not, I rather have them eat veggies and organic food.

• Why not... as a kid I have always had sweets... I would want my kid to enjoy the same... but he /she brushes their teeth before going to bed.