I'm 17 and still can't speak fluently English?

I'm 17 years old. I am trying to learn English (BECAUSE I'LL GO TO USA NEXT YEAR FOR 5 MONTHS) . I'm so embaressed. I am really trying. When i speak 14 or 15 years old guys -they're main language is not English- they're speaking good. Everybody speak good but me. I feel like I am an idiot

Most Helpful Guy

• Unlike many other countries, in the USA few people can speak a second language well. We don't expect that people learning English will be word perfect. Be patient with yourself. Some of us will finish your sentences for you (I am guilty, OK?). Keep a sense of humor (some mistakes are REALLY funny). Stay truly interested in getting to know people. . . . the language will come.

Most Helpful Girl

• What country do you come from?
    Many people I know can't speak English properly as well. Learning new languages is not suited for everyone. Me neither by the way. I still make mistakes in English, but I'm good at other things like math, biology and chemistry.

What Guys Said 3

• See more movies without subs, write a lot in English (thats how im into GaG too) and... listen to English radios... and... speak a lot by yourself.

Things will come ; )

• Where are you from?

• Just curious... what's your native language?

What Girls Said 5

• Hey don't be embarrassed of yourself. Everyone takes time to learn a new language, I had my own difficulties learning Italian and Spanish too. Try to watch more movies but turn off the subtitles, hopefully it'd work for you. It did for me (with Japanese). I don't mind helping you if you need help with English 😊

• Everyone learns differently, watch lots of English movies, series and read English books/sites. The only way to become fluent is a language is to surround yourself by it. If you start dreaming/thinking in English, that's a good sign!

I reccommend using duolinguo, a free learning site, it's very helpfull! :)

• Two problems there (or one depending on how you see it) your feelings; you are letting your feelings block your learning, don't feel embarrassed nor like an idiot. If you do you won't be able to improve.

• me too, 17 still not fluently in English...

• I dunno, I gotta a feeling that you're tryina troll us. It's either this or you're really inattentive to your classes. I mean, I've never seen a foreigner misuse they're, their and there before, it's a native speaker thing only.