Why does having a broken heart feel so painful?

Why does having a  broken heart feel so painful?

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly the brain registers emotional pain no diffrently then physical. Its the same response. Then the fact that you invested so much into the other person only to lose it makes it worse.

• I agree, that is so true. The pain is unbearable right now. Thanks! 💐

• Thank you. I appreciate that

• Not a problem :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Because you're basically grieving. Your body has the same reaction; you've lost a loved one and now you have to adjust to the change. It isn't easy. The first time I had my heart broken, I recovered in three months. But I never wanted to feel that pain again, because healing the first time was hard enough. Well, I got my heart broken again a couple years later, and as expected, it was ten times worse. My ex and I ended up getting back together, thankfully, but if we break up again I'm honestly not sure I could take it.

It's hard being so affected by a person. It's scary being so vulnerable. But it's necessary if you're gonna be in a long term relationship. Love comes with risk, but when it works, it's worth it. Hang in there!

• Thank you so very much, i appreciate your opinion. It is very helpful 💐

What Guys Said 5

• It does, it feels like our heart has been ripped out. its because we cannot come to terms yet of what happened

• Yeah, it feels like my chest is ready to explode from the pain. 😭😭💔

• Ok thank you

• You are most welcome

• 1|0
    • Oh thanks for that link!! It was ever so helpful. I didn't even know about all of that. I appreciate it 💐👍

• Because the broken pieces are kinda sharp you know?

• No need to be sarcastic at someone elses expense!! .👎

• I wasn't. I was trying to be funny and make you laugh. Sorry

• Something I found strangely comforting when I got totally shat on years ago were the words of a colleague, I was asking why as well and he said "that's just the way of the world man". That might not seem like a lot but if you think about it shit happens.. all the time.. everywhere to everyone.. what you're dealing with now is shit but it'll get better and you'll move on because that's the way of the world too.

• I was listening to this today. Her album is about heart break too.

youtu.be/Gj2DXxMz8n8

What Girls Said 2

• because all feelings are thrashed away and your mind is trying to cope up with the pain and all the memories because they have to be forgotten.

• Cause it's broken.