Don't u think that the name isis for the terrorist group is disrespectful?

Coz it's like the egyptian goddess isis

Most Helpful Girl

• ISIS is just the media name for the group. The government refers to them as ISIL during press conferences and stuff. I also believe they prefer the name IS since they have set their sights higher than only conquering Iraq and Syria. Some people also call them Daesh.

This CNN article does a decent job of explaining their names: www.cnn.com/.../

Most Helpful Guy

• for fucks sake do you even know that it is not one single word?

• Yes ik but still people say it

• Ok so you really would prefer people saying Islamic State of Iraq Syria every time they talk about it?

• Well that's there name coz some people don't know who is isis it's like messing with the culture

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• I honestly don't understand why we are so eager to spend trillions on a military to interfere with the gang fights of another country, while ignoring our own. maybe if we had oil under Harlem? I dunno..

• Now that I think of it, yes it certainly is

• It's an abbreviation.. I. S. I. S. which technically different from Isis. Plus I don't think a terrorist group would give a fuck if it offensive or not.

• Isis the terrorists aren't named like that in Arabic

• And also they are called in other name. Actually recently they are now being called ISIL or just simply IS.