Girls compliment girls and it's okayyyy but guys compliment guys and it's gayyyy?

Care to explain whyyyy?

Most Helpful Guy

• Cuz guys r territorial and don't travel in packs

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• Many guys are petrified of being gay, or having other guys think they are and giving them a hard time about it. I think it's about the closest male equivalent to bitchy behaviour and slut shaming among girls.

This is why stuff like:
    "I'm not gay, but..."
    "No homo!"
    "Not that there's anything wrong with it"

... exist.

Society has made people obsessed with finding latent or suppressed gayness where it doesn't exist, and it's negatively affected men. This is a great example of it. Consider also the bromance concept, or the fact that men who have a close friendship with another guy are secretly gay for each other and in frustrated denial.

• Hahaha if anybody calls me a lesbian because I keep complimenting my bff, I'll neither deny nor confirm the rumours..
      Let them spread like jungle fire ;)

• Guys are taught to be tough and not express their emotions cuz thats a sign of weakness. Also its a competitions between makes so they can't expose their soft spot unles they know eachother well. They gotta act like they look tough all the time.. guys are embarrassed and ashamed to be frown upon if they compliment another dood. The word "Gay" for guy is a really powerful word.

• Okay, my cousin has a friend and the poor dude (who is actually good looking) asked my cousin how his hair looked? You know what my cousin replied.. 'You look like shit.'
      Wtf?

• Yup jelliness ha-ha

• I rove u too ma Muslim cutie 💏
      It makes guys feel gay complimenting eachother thats why they dont. Like i mention before gay is a strong word against a man's pride ;P

• I'm not afraid to compliment my guy friends and i always do it. I'm just a straight confident guy who's never afraid to speak his mind no matter what. I never get a bad reaction. They always feel flattered and thank me.

• I always thought girls complimenting each other to be complete BS guys don't do BS for the most part that's why you don't see them complimenting each other

• I don't give fake praises, okay.
      I alwayssss find something that I can compliment.. Like I don't know, your shoes, your make up, purse.. Anything. It's easy :P

• It's all double standards sadly

• An we all just be slightly gay and get along

• I actually get more compliments from men that women.
    I'll admit that when it happens for the third time in a row the same evening, in a bar mens room, you start thinking about leaving.

• Hahaha really? That's wonderful man ;)

• Nah, I really don't think so.
      No muscle to speak of, slimmer than most guys, but a better dresser than 95% of the guys out there, and with far better manners.
      But attitude is everything - you've just gotta own it, and not be a dick.

What Girls Said 3