Do you think it's true that behind every successful man is a woman?

Most Helpful Guy

• haha, you know i never actually believed it when i was younger... but when i got married... was it true for me, hahahaha. :) :)

Seriously though... i think the both of us drive each other to become successful.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• No, not at all. You can be very successful without having a woman behind you, unless of course you mean a mother, cause you can't be alive without one.
    There are maaaany examples of successful man that never had a woman (or a decent one) behind them.

• I mean, technically you need a mother in order to be alive. So if you mean in a biological sense then, yes. But then again, the same could be said about a man, you need a biological father to make a baby as well.

But if you're talking about that statement in a LITERAL and PERSONAL growth sense, then no.

I know some people who were raised pretty much solely by their father (mother may have died, etc) and they didn't have much of a female touch in their lives.

• No I do not believe that. There are successful men and women but not someone to match every man or woman. This is because success is down to how much effort the individual contributes a lot of the time.

• I'd say that depends what type of "success
    we're referring to this time around. ^.^

Is a person only successful, if he reaches
    great heights in his career?

Or is success also determined by having lived
    the life you wanted, with no regrets?

Without trying to sound rude.. No, I don't think
    a man "needs" a women, to be successful.

But it is most definitely a great joy
    to have someone to share your success with. ^.^

• No. That's just a sexist lie. Some successful men have been helped by women. Others have been hindered. Others have been neither helped nor hindered.

• Yeah true. Here is the example!

thumbs.dreamstime.com/.../...ckground-33328349.jpg

• Indeed, I think so. There might be more than one woman, of course.

• Yes, many women haven't received any type of reward or didn't get recognised for what they actually contributed in the past. This is due to the former more machist social system, where they were given all the credit👎
    Im not sure if it was behind every succesful man, but im sure that in many cases women have contributed a lot and haven't gotten what they actually deserved👊
    Luckily we live in a more liberal way nowerdays👌😄
    I hope this helped👍

• I believe that can be true

• If we find the true woman, it can be real... But generally this thing happens rarely, unfortunately...

• No lol
    .,.

• Their mother certainly xD

• I'm. sure Julius Caesar and Napoleon didn't have women behind them

• Nope it's not always true... LOL

• Not for all men.

I don't know if Einstein had a wife

• The woman is his mother.

• yes its. :D

• No not always true. With money comes women... now that is true.

• No.

E. g., Beethoven remained single for life.

And a woman may be the source of inspiration or strength for someone... But not because she's amazing and supportive, but because he hates her and wants to prove her judgement of him to be poor.

Or he might just be a disciplined and self-motivated man.

A thousand possibilities that lay waste to the quote.

What Girls Said 2

• No, not at all.

• Having a supportive wife helps people accomplish their goals better so its true for some people.