Do you view Jimmy Carter as a hero?

I think he is an amazing person. He is on the verge of dying but he says he is grateful to have lived the life he did and to have experienced so much good during his time on earth. How many people can be happy the way that he is when they are on their death bed with the anticipated struggles that this death will bring? Another thing is that he does not have to worry about his reputation since he is about to die but he still chooses to give speeches to the world and let people see his light. Another reason I like carter is that his dying wish is to help build orphanages in Nepal until he actually does die. He has no intention of resting and relaxing in a hospital bed - he wants to continue helping people until he is dead. He did not prove his virtues in presidency but after coming out of office - he has shown the entire world, what an amazing person he is.

Most Helpful Guy

• Jimmy Carter is the exemplification of how a good man can be a lousy President.

What Guys Said 7

• Reagan and his Peanut King started the war in Afghanistan: the Americans were fighting the Afghan government before the USSR entered Afghanistan. Armed opposition to the government in Kabul long pre-dated the arrival of Soviet troops in December 1979. Every one of the Pakistan-based Afghan mujahideen leaders who became famous during the 1980s as the Peshawar Seven and were helped by the United States, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and China had gone into exile and taken up arms before December 1979, many of them years earlier. As Islamists, they opposed the secular and modernising tendencies of Daoud Khan, [the Afghan PM] who toppled his cousin, King Zahir Shah, in 1973.

Western backing for these rebels had also begun before Soviet troops arrived. It served western propaganda to say the Russians had no justification for entering Afghanistan in what the west called an aggressive land grab.
    #2 here: www.theguardian.com/.../10-myths-about-afghanistan

• edit *Reagan and this Peanut King Carter started the war in Afghanistan: the Americans were fighting the Afghan government before the USSR entered Afghanistan.*

• A hero? No, not really. Heck, Hitler would have even done most of those things, as well, with the exception of the orphanages. None of those things really constitute whether a person was a hero or not. There are lots of people around the world always helping with orphanages and things until they die, but no one even knows them by name. I'd say they're more of heroes Carter.

• He was pretty good US President it's sad he got cancer that now is spreading
    he loss to President Reagan all cause of the Iran hostage thing but who knows
    he only had so much control ,

• I read that as Jimmy Carr.
    http://i.imgur.com/XEy837Z.gif

• I don't even know who that is but I don't pay attention to mainstream media very much.

• I must admit I haven't known him that well, his presidency is from long before my adult life :o
    But I also have a rather positive feeling about him. All times he came in the news lately were with positive achievements.

• Uh... Jimmy Carter was a lousy President and an idiot, he is anything BUT a hero...

• Politicians are hardly heroic.

What Girls Said 0