Do you believe in YOLO (You Only Live Once) ?

General definition:
"YOLO is an acronym for "you only live once". Similar to carpe diem, it implies that one should enjoy life, even if that entails taking risks."

Note: Yolo as in literally, that you only live once, not as in overused excuses or reasons to do stuff.

• Yolo
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, by definition yes. I never say YOLO, because it's just used as a stupid excuse to hurt yourself or be a dick to others. But I believe we have this life and this life only. That nothing comes after it.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• I totally believe in it, I've done many stupid things because YOLO, honestly I don't regret it lol

When my day comes, I'll be ready, I'm sure of that... And I want to go being happy, and I will only achieve happiness if I live as much as possible, I wanna enjoy every second that I have left.

• No what a dumb motto

• yolo ! have fun you only got one life... have too much fun , ends in jail for life , so much for that yolo shit

• It depends really

What Guys Said 14

• Yeah, you DO only live once.

That's why you shouldn't do risky shit that is not only stupid but also can potentially kill you.

• I mean, people usually say YOLO as a justification for exhibiting risky behavior.

Doing magic mushrooms or extasy? It's okay, YOLO! Jumping off this bridge and see if you die when you reach the bottom of the river or get splashed on the rocks? It's okay, YOLO!

No, it's not okay. Don't kill yourself over nonsense. It's not good for you.

• Hey, you apparently get +1 XPER and a notification if the Asker upvotes your comment. That's new!

• News indeed!

• This was proven wrong over 2000 years ago.

www.quickmeme.com/.../...a456b650e993e9ed04bf0.jpg

• YOLO...

... with a good dose of common sense. It can't be used as an excuse for doing stupid shit. But yea, go for it. Too many people are afraid to live any more. They are too serious. People need to lighten up and learn to live. Fuck it man, just do it.

• No, I actually don't.

But.. I do believe that a persons
    life is important, and should be used
    to seek all kinds of adventures.

• 0|0
  • Well, here goes... yolo... I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body. Pheww so glad that's out of my chest😥😥😥

• Well kinda we lived one life besides that and the current one and there are two others so u actually live four times 😛

• I say this.
    40.media.tumblr.com/...m4uqc4zwk81qbze77o1_500.jpg

by the way, I live twice.

• Well it's a fact... it's 1 life.

... so if we want to live more time... we have to think about some risks...

• I don't know I died like 1 time probably need to find a green mushroom again and eat it

• I never understood yolo. Surely if you only live once, that's a reason to take precautions?

• teenagers about to do something dangerous comes in mind but NO I dont believe in yolo

• No never and why?

وَقَالُوا إِنْ هِيَ إِلَّا حَيَاتُنَا الدُّنْيَا وَمَا نَحْنُ بِمَبْعُوثِينَ

And they say, "There is none but our worldly life, and we will not be resurrected."

( Surah al an'aam verse 29.) Quran

• i guess so.