Have you ever had to pepper spray someone?

Have you ever found yourself having to use pepper spray someone?
What were they doing that made you use it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I thought they shoot each other in America?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• No thankfully - I don't have any but outside that logistic, I have never felt threatened enough to wish I had some pepper spray.

• Being a guy, nope! It's pretty uncommon for men to use or even carry pepper sprays.

• The only time I could imagine using pepper spray on someone would be when a bunch of guys were drinking beers and talking shit and some how one idiot bet another idiot $100 that he could take a face full of pepper spray and some how I got to be the one that sprayed him in the face with the shit since I was a third party to the bet.

• No, but when I was 16, I let someone do it to me for a really stupid dare. As far as physical pain goes, that was the worst thing I ever experienced. Being kicked in the nuts ain't got nothing against that.

• Sounds painful af. Did they get your eye or on your skin?

• Both. It was only a short burst, maybe half a second, so it wasn't even as bad as what cops do. But yeah, getting it in the eye was part of the dare. I held my eyes open with my fingers before because I was pretty sure I'd close them instinctively and fail the dare. It took some minutes (which felt like hours) before I could open my eyes again. It felt as if acid was eating my eyeballs and I was convinced I'd go blind. When I could finally open them, I spent about half an hour rinsing them with cold water. I also washed my face, but couldn't fully get rid of that burning sensation on the skin. Every time I moved a facial muscle, it was like an array of painful needle pricks, so I kept a poker face and didn't talk much for the rest of the day.
      Like I said, an extremely stupid dare. Probably the most brainless thing I ever got involved in. But it also showed me how potent of a weapon pepper spray really is. I definitely recommend it for self defense, but be careful not to harm yourself.

What Girls Said 3

• Nope. There was one time when I was a kid and I grabbed some pepper spray that I found in a random kitchen cabinet. I sprayed it on the bus and everyone started coughing with watery eyes. HORRIBLE IDEA.

• I used a sticky hair spray.

I thought someone broke into my place but it turned out to be my brother.

I think we used it again.

• pepperspray is illegal in Canada but I had to watch the cops pepperspray and beat the man who had tried to rape me. I was so scared and it made me happy to hear him screaming in pain and fear for once.