Is it wrong that I don't date girls with tattoos but I have tattoos myself?

Lol I have tattoos three actually. One covering my pec.. the other is a small qutoe on my ribs.. then one on a good portion of my upper arms/shoulder. I think tattoos look good on a guy because they can be sexy with that rugged look. Girls.. meh not so much. Leads me to believe they are a underachieving liberal arts major or just poverty stricken. I've never really seen a succusful and sexy/classy women with tattoos. Sexy/classy and succusful men with tattoos? See them all the fcking time. Just my humble opinion lol. I know I'll get a lot of hate from girls who have tattoos and embracing a double standard but ugh.. again just my opinion. Anyone else agree?

• Agree
  • Don't agree.

Most Helpful Girl

• I find a lot of what people do but don't want their partner to do or be like hypocritical, but hey that's for you to decide and no one can change your mind for you.

I had an obese friend (close to 350 lbs) who insisted on dating men who were fit and gorgeous when she herself did nothing to make herself just as appeasing. She had fluorosis on her crooked teeth, yet instead of getting them fixed she wouldn't date a man unless he had perfect teeth.

I knew a guy who only wanted to date a virgin, but he had no problem with having his fun and experiments for several years each time.

I knew a woman who would never date a bald man saying she couldn't even stand the thought of touching his head when she herself was in her 50s and showing the signs of typical female aging.

So yes, all of these things, including cosmetics whether it's piercings, tattoos, style of dress are your choices to make, and you do them because they make you happy and comfortable. They way you look or who you are is also a way you present yourself to a potential mate and to say "it's okay for me to do this" or "it's okay for me to look like this" but it's not okay for your potential partner does exude some hypocrisy and unfairness. It's sort of like that annoying adage that parents would tell their kids, "Do as I say not as I do." It means nothing. People learn quick that there are double standards and believing that adds to your character, and maybe not so in a favourable way.

I know where you're coming from about men having tattoos and how traditionally it was men who had mermaids and ships tattooed on their arms. But nowadays we're talking about art, and you're no more showing off art than you are showing status like how sailors used to do it. Some women have beautiful tattoos (some don't). Same for guys. Some guys have horrific tattoos. If she's got something nice and is equivalent to 'art' the way you have it, then maybe you might reconsider? Some women have better placement and prettier designs that are very tasteful instead of the trashy ones you mentioned. I'm tattooed in two places that can't be seen in public, and I wouldn't like the idea that someone thought of me this way, especially being tattooed themselves. :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Your question and text is messed up man.
    "Is it wrong that I don't date girls with tattoos but i have tattoos myself?"
    ".. again just my opinion. Anyone else agree?"
    Which question are the opinions correlated to?
    I said A "Agree" because I answered the actual title. But I think that the reason why most said B "Don't agree" is because they answered your text.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't have tattoo's (yet) I plan on getting two probably two years from now and I have just finished my Masters program in business. You already realized your thoughts on female tattoos is a double standard so i won't get into that. I just wanted to point out a lot of successful women have tattoos. Mostly they aren't really noticeable tattoo's but they have them nonetheless like Rihanna, Katy Perry, etc. I'll list lesser known successful business women as well if you want.

• Oh and to answer your title question, it isn't wrong but it's not fair. It's just your preference. Personally I only like sleeve and quarter sleeve tattoo's on a guy.

• I disagree because I find that incredibly hypocritical but anyways to each their own.

• Woooow but okay gotta do you.

• A bit hypocritical xD

• That's okay I guess. Maybe a bit hyoocitical but I guess I'm the same way. I don't like tattoos on guys but I think they look fine on women.

• I have 3 tattoos a sleeping cherub on my foot, a quote on my ribs and a good size tattoo on the front of my thigh. I used to me in the military; (medical release) and I've been married for 3 years, I also own an apartment building. Last I checked I'm not an underachieving liberal arts major nor am I poor lol. :P It's all in your head buddy.

What Guys Said 2

• Like whatever you want to like it's up to you.
    No one has the right to judge you for that.

• You're right.
    Tats are for trash and douchebags.