How to handle this? It is pissing me off?

I do not like my therapist at all. She thinks that I am crazy when I am not... when I first started seeing her we were bonding and I was really started opening up to her until she pissed me off. One day she asked me "Do you see and hear things that you think are there but you know that they are not?" I told her "Other than my mind playing tricks on me... no. I mean I'm sure that everyone sees and hears things that are not there... even you right?". She told me that she does hear and see things that were not there and that she also thought it was completely normal and that there was nothing to be worried about. I turned around to look out the window because someone walked by and the therapist asked me"What did the plant say to you?"I looked at her like wtf are you talking about? she said "I know you were talking to the plant what was it saying to you?"I told her that I was just looking at the person that was walking past the window she told me"You don't have to lie the voice in the plant is not going to hurt you"By now I am pissed off because I am trying to tell her that I was not talking to the plant and the more I told her the more crazy she thought. I just stopped talking to her and stared at the wall. Next thing I know she gets up and walkes over to the wall asking me if I was talking to the shadow by the wall and if the shadow was telling me not to talk to her. I just got up and left because she was not listening to me when I told her there was nothing there. My mom came the next session and my therapist lied and told y mom that i admited to her that I was talking to the plants and that I did see a shadow in the corner of the room. My theapist is trying to get my mom to send me to a mental hospital rehab thing because she thinks that I have fucking schizophrenia. She kept lying to my mom telling my mom that I admitted to hearing and seeing things and that I saw shadows and that they attacked me I do not know why she is doing this but I do not like it should I get a new one?

Most Helpful Guy

• Without knowing more about the situation, there would seem to be a limit to the quality of the advice which could be provided.

If you actually do have some issue, it could perhaps be the case that you don't remember how you've been acting. However even if that were the case, it raises questions as to why your therapist might have been sharing all of this information with your mother, especially assuming you are in fact 18 or older?

At the very least a second opinion couldn't hurt. What you are describing, if it is true and there is nothing wrong with you, suggests this therapist is bad business.

One other possibility is that you could insist upon recording the sessions, so at the very least there is evidence for exactly what if anything might have occurred. You could do it openly or secretly. But probably just getting a new therapist to start would be a better choice.

Most Helpful Girl

• do you think she'd get a lot of $$$ if you went to a hospital?

What Guys Said 1

• I sometimes think the patient becomes the therapist and it's the therapist that becomes the patient. Be very careful, and back away. You DON'T need people trying to put things in your mind that aren't there. Half of these so called therapists HAVE to find something "wrong" with you so they can justify their own jobs. Nine times out of ten, you could do what's necessary yourself !

What Girls Said 0