How would you spend one million dollars/pounds/euros etc?

How would you spend it. Personally I would buy me a Ford Mustang and a Chevy Camaro

At least a small portion has to go to a charity or good cause
Bump

Most Helpful Girl

• I would send $300,000 to my parents in England. $300,000 to my in-laws in Korea. Donate $100,000 to various charities. Put $100,000 into my daughter's account. Use the remaining $200,000 to visit my in-laws and my parents, buy presents for cousins and friends and save what is left.

Most Helpful Guy

• An interciew was done with a member of the Rothschild family some time ago, and if you don't know who they are, they are one of the richest most notorious families alive today. They've held on to their family wealth for centuries, and a member of the family was asked in an interview how his family has managed to hold on to their dynastic wealth for such a long time. His answer was a third, a third and a third: one third land, one third gold and one third fine art. If i got a million dollars, my strategy would be based upon the Rothschild principle on storing wealth in things that hold their value over the long term.

1/3rd would go into farm land and real estate, preferably in the southern part of the USA in oil rich states and where property taxes are lower. It would be used as a source of income which I could live off of.

The second third would go into 99.99% pure investment grade gold bullion, and id store it in several vaults in Canada, the USA and Beijing. The gold is bought as a hedge against US dollar devaluation, which is what a good number of central banks are already doing atm.

Lastly, the final third would go into more speculative things like fine art, which isn't quite as risky as it sounds. There are companies now that invest your money for you in fine art pieces that are more within ones personal spending range, similar to how one goes to a broker to invest in the right stocks/mutual funds for them. Unlike many other asset classes, fine art as a class has actually been doing surprisingly well, so i wouldn't mind putting some money there.

Overall, the main point here is that most of the money would be invested. As much as i think owning a flashy car would be cool, i think the best thing money buys a person is freedom... freedom to live without being beholden to anyone else... and if one wants to hold on to that freedom, you had better make sure you spend your money wisely

What Girls Said 7

• Help pay off debts, put some in a good investment, and give some to charity. I guess if I had some left over, I would like a new car, since my recently broke down.

• I'd pay off my debt. I'd invest. Then I'd travel the world. After traveling, I'd buy land and build my dream house from the ground up.

• I'd covert that million into rupees and enjoy my 63 million rupees buying the cars, yachts and beach houses that I alway wanted. Boys... Am I greedy! 😛😂

• i would donate some of it to bedlington terrier rescue and buy a nice motor home and drive off into the sunset with my guy and 2 dogs

• Invest it to get even more money.

• On clothes and makeup, I would then save the rest for college and educational purposes.

• I'd adopt kids and take care of them while I study and won't have to worry about saving up for myself. :D

• Why adopt?

• Good point

• I know it

What Guys Said 8

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif I'd build about 20 homes, rent them out and then live off that shit for the rest of my life (the same would go for my kids if I had some).

When all else fails I could always put the 1 mil in the bank while living off the #interest like my old teacher said If I'm right ^_^. i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• LOL double gif spam >_<

• @Watermelonoma "first idea is exactly the kind of thing I'd do." Oh, I don't doubt it 1 bit, since that is probably the smartest route that you could take in order to secure financial security for your family (for generations to come). And too bad it's not about 4% (40K) since that would be a living wage, right? ^_^

• I have no idea what's considered a living wage in the USA, hah. But my goal in life is to be able to live off my money

• I would buy a small apartment on the Amalfi coast...
    I would live there as a fisherman and have a modest life, where I would have a pretty lady, red wine, and go to the beach every day

• Sounds very humble

• Yep
      And I wouldn't have to worry about bills or anything...

I might get a little fiat or Alfo Romeo but that would be splurging

• Driving along the coast from Cetara to Sorrento, with your alici in an Alfa Romeo... I'm not sure many donne would want to be in your car. :)

• Invest invest invest

• Fixed deposit it in a bank with highest possible interest, and get a interest money transfered to my financial account every month, so I can live off a luxurious life on the interest for the rest of my life.

And no charity because fuck charities.

• Why do you say "Fuck Charities?

• Another reason is i hate groups , social political, religious, charity anything, just hate them, they divide the society. If I donate to a group that helps blind people, that means i show favouritism, I cannot donate thousands of dollars to different charities.
      So I will only give money to individuals who need it genuinely and no groups can get any part of it.

• Red Cross is one of the most legit charities i'd ever donate to

• Nissan GTR
    Toyota Supra twin turbo
    My house
    clothes (I barely have any good ones)
    a new phone (still got a sh^tty iPhone 4 from freshman year)

yea that's about it

• Start my own business.

• Move to the USA and buy a big house.

• That's not enough to buy a 3 bedroom condo in Manhattan. :(

• Well what would you do with it instead of the Manhattan condo?

• I'd see what I could buy in Florida or S VA ( CA is too expensive too)

• Florida you may have a better chance