Am I the only one thanking mom and dad everytime I finished my meal?

'Thanks for the meal?' :o

Yay :)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah I usually say thanks after getting my meal too, just being polite.

• No I do it too.

• It's awesome that you thank them for the meal cause truthfully they don't have to feed you now that you're an adult. I thank my parents sometimes but it would grow tiresome after every meal.

• True, but when they do, a 'thank you' is appreciated :p

• I always thank whoever have prepared and served me a meal. Would be strange to me not to.

• I would find it kind of creepy if my children thanked me for their support while they were still living under my roof. I don't want that kind of subservience from them or power over them. I want them to grow up and become their own persons, not defined by or in any way constrained by their relationship to me. My reward will be seeing them out in the world making their own way.

• What if they say
      Thank you for teaching me how to 'whatever'?

• My children that me for what they see as special favors but I don't prompt them. I only do that when showing them how to behave to other people. I have so much authority over them already to demand a show of gratitude as well seems tyrannical. Like I said, kind of creepy.

• yes, and you should be proud of yourself for being the only non-entitled teenager in America

• Just a simple way to say 'thank you for everything'

• you're a one of a kind child in this day and age

What Girls Said 9

• I Guess I never thought of This After the Fact, @Gee_Gee, I now just thank my mom and dad Before Leaving their house after a great weekend.
    As far as growing up, Knowing my manners and having been taught Them, I guess I made up for This by Giving them cards and gifts for every mom and dad occasion and having it in my heart pf gold to have done This.. Young and old. xx

• In Korean culture, it's respectful to say "thank you for the food" before and after eating.
    It's just to appreciate the person who cooked for you I guess.
    I cook with my husband (mostly) and we both say it out of habit and because we are thankful to each other.

• I do, but I just say "thanks mummy" i do cook more then her and she says thanks goun which is thanks daughter in Cambodia.

But when I have a craving for something, she'll go buy the ingredients and cook it for me! I'm just like 😳😬😍👍🏽 "thanks mummy" half drooling and everything 🙈

• You have an awesome mom :)

'goun', I learned something new today

• Haha yeah mum is the best! ❤️

No biggy ☺️

• No, I always thank my mom for cooking for us.

• Yes, because I either cook with my mom or cook my own food.

• I do that too!

• No I do that too

• Yay :)
      It's just that I don't really know many people here who do

• i think so.. yes..

• Nah, I'm usually like "bitch, go fucking learn how to cook a decent meal, ffs"