What do you think about black teenage girls and women that usually don't wear their real hair anymore?

• I think it's pathetic
  • I think it's ok

Most Helpful Guy

• I see nothing wrong with black females wearing wigs or weave, as long as there is no self hatred behind it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see an issue with it. I wear my natural hair sometimes and sometimes I wear weave. I don't really like that people associate wearing weaves with being ashamed of themselves because that's just not it lol.

What Guys Said 4

• I think Weaves are weird, I don't know what purpose they serve. However if that's what they want to do then whatever. Now if its out of self loathing then I would have issue. I think many black women try to make there hair more, for lack of a better term “white” which I think is stupid. Hair from people of African descent is thicker (the actual hair follicle, has to do with heat dissipation) and curlier, so it will never really work as straight hair. Its not really fine enough for it to really be manageable in that fashion. That said, I think there are many hair styles that black women can have that no one else can. I think its all about finding out what works and its a little annoying so many try to emulate instead of doing something more natural.

• I think it would be better if she wore her natural hair but she can do what she likes

• as long as it doesn't look fake its fine.

• I think it's their bodies.

What Girls Said 10

• I personally wear my hair naturally and I honestly think that it's okay to wear extensions/weaves.

Many black women have their own reasons to wear weaves, so who am I really to judge. It could be for their job, for easier hair management, or just because they like how it looks. Lol and for people who actually spend their time dissing black women for wearing weaves, How does it affect your life? Answer that question for me, haters. Lol.

Well I hope I answered your question😅

• I don't care. At all.

• Lol :P but thanks for answering :)

• Seriously. It's their choice how they want to wear their hair.

• It's their body and their money, they're free to do whatever they want. I don't have the right to judge them.

• I think it's their business what they do with their own hair and it's no one's business to tell them any different.

• They do whatever they want, it's their life, their choice.

• I wear braids so that I don't have to manage my hair and it protects my hair. I've said this before and I'm going to say it again, black women are not the only race of women who do this. I also don't judge or care. It's just hair.

• I've been natural over 3 years. I don't wear weaves or anything like that but IDC what another woman does to her hair as long as she's happy.

• True thanks for answering :)

• I think that they can do whatever they want and shouldn't be shamed for it.

• Well I don't know where you've been but most black teenagers and women are wearing their hair completely natural. I'm black and my hair has always been natural.

• Yeah and I usually see them at stores :P but thanks for answering :)

• It's not my place to judge. They should be free do whatever they want with their hair without being scrutinized.