When the waiter serves you the food or drink... Do you thank him or her, or do you just keep talking to your friends/family?

Most Helpful Guy

• i always say thank you. it doesn't take much, and it might just make their otherwise shitty day a little more bearable. It doesn't matter where i am, I could be thanking the bus driver, the checkout guy/girl, or at the bank. I was always taught that manners cost nothing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I always thank him or her whenever food or drink is delivered. I can pause my conversation for a second or two to do that. I just feel rude otherwise.

What Guys Said 10

• "HEYYYYoooo , uhhh... may I have so and so and so and so please.
    OH! And - what's the desert of the day again?
    NIIiiiice - save me a slice eh?
    Mind serving it later after we've finished the main course?
    BRILLllllIANT!

Cheers"

That's usually how it goes when I eat out.
    For some strange reason it's always me doing the ordering.

• haha have you ever wanted to be a waiter?

• Eh?
      Kinda , I thought of doing hospitality when I was a teenager but well nothing really came of it.
      They really work their ass off and still have to wear a smile as sweat literally drench their suits ain't it? I appreciate their service , most of the time lol
      There are some who ignores me waving my arms around like a maniac.

• My friends/ family can wait a second, I will do the right thing and thank waiter, even if it means interrupting a conversation I had, or someone had with me.

• I always thank them and give them a smile.

• You always thank her

• I would thank them. I say "I would" because I never go to a restaurant.

• I always thank them, even pausing my current conversation.

• i always say thanks

• I normally thank him, i almost always like to say something. If i dont say nothing is because im stressed with something or really distracted.

• you could still say it though ^^
      If they smile or something, that little thing might make your day brighter too

• Thats true, they deserve it.

• Almost always thank them unless it would be interrupting someone to do so.

• Oh I'd interrupt them

I have this friend that uses a lot of body language, like she's a cop on the streets pointing
      I'd interrupt her so she doesn't knock stuff over :p

• If it's a choice between mild rudeness to my dinner companion or the waiter I'd choose the waiter. I'd be sure to thank them at the next opportunity.

• Thank them of course. To ignore is rude

What Girls Said 8

• If anyone does anything for me, even if it's their job, I always thank them.

I think people who don't thank the waiter are rude.

"I'm too important to show manners to some peasant. They are clearly beneath my very important conversation about Facebook drama."

• I feel like it would be rude not to, so I always do.
    I dunno though, my dad always made fun of me for it, but when I order I always say "can i get" instead of "i'm going to get" dunno.. It just.. feels too pushy, for me at least. I don't know how some people can be rude to them at all. 0_0

• I thank them. I don't feel good with myself if I don't say thank you.

• I always say thank you. I dont really see why not.

• We say /mumble thank you and start chatting once the Waiter leaves.

• I usually thank them

• I thank them

• I thank them, because I actually have manners.