Do you think education is bullshit?

I don't know what to think of education anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes... and no.

Let's face it... the economy is starting to force people to get a college education. I live in Texas, which is supposedly dirt cheap, but they raised the rent to $800-$1000 a month. Then you also have to think about bills, car payments and insurance... do you think a person getting paid minimum wage can afford that? It seems that, because of this, more and more people have to get roommates to make ends meet.

To further elaborate, if you want to make a decent pay, like $30,000+, you will need some type of college education. Now... here is the bullshit part, which is why I think college isn't all that worth it:

-Even if you do have a college degree, you're not entitled for a job. After I finished college, it took me 6 months to get employed... and I had to continue to work at McDonalds and a factory to make ends meet before I found a post college, professional job.

-We all go to school and hope to get a job in the major that we studied in college. The reality of this is, a majority of college grads won't even get a career in the major that they have chosen.

-Student loans are terrible and a burden. Students come out of college with $50,000 or more in debt, have a hard time finding a job and have to work a majority of their life to pay this off. Though, if you are smart, you can live with your parents, find a post college job and maybe pay this off in 1.5 years... but sometimes students have to move to other states for work... so that makes it impossible at times.

-Students expect to make good money coming out, but they are still finding jobs that are paying them $30,000-$35,000 a year. This is kind of sad, because I know store managers and asst. managers that didn't go to college and they are getting paid more than me.

Most Helpful Girl

• The education system now emphasizes authoritarian thought rather than critical thought. That in itself defeats the purpose of education since the mind is no longer expanded, but stifled into a narrow way of thinking.

That said, education itself is not bs. It opens your mind and lets you see many angles.

What Guys Said 8

• I think the educational system of the United states is highly flawed

That being said, it's not bull shit, education and self-education is extremely important in human development!

Obtaining knowledge and experience is key to critical thinking and making decisions

• Where do you live? Education quality can vary from place to place. You could say the biggest reason is to get a good job and earn lots of money. Some people just like to expand their minds :)
    If no one was educated, a lot of us would most likely die.

• The way that it has turned out... yes. It's a business now meant to generate profit. I've met college graduates who are not very bright even in the fields that they are supposed to be in. But that piece of paper is important for landing most careers. I think the whole education system needs a re-haul but that is a whole other can of worms.

• How so? Please elaborate.

• It's so... over-rated.

I used to love learning. Now I hate University and everything associated with it.

• Well I don't want to make a career out of flipping burgers...

• Depends on what country you're in

• Fuck no - -

• No education is necessary and vital. I presume you're facing hardship with university?

What Girls Said 10

• No. Being an educated, informed, aware member of society is a gift and a major advantage. Yes, there is a large amount of education that has been revisoned for political agenda. However it is so important to have knowledge and understand the mechanics behind our world and society as a whole.

• From what I believe, I think the system is very inaccurate. In other words yes I do agree with you. I (more of) think education brain washed you. You are taught to learn a specific criteria and not think outside of the box and be creative.

I feel like education in schools are cloning us all.

• Regardless if you think it's bullshit, unfortunately you won't get very far in life without it now a days... unless your super good in some type of trade and you know people

• Ummm no and only the uneducated would think it is.

• I feel as though some education is superfluous. The United States overly focusing on primarily its history, for example. Education in and of itself is a wonderful thing in its varied forms, however, and I wish that everybody had better access to it!

• It is in the South.

• I think that the education and grading system at school is bullshit.

• Why do you think so?

• All I can say is be grateful that you have the ability to read and write and speak your mind. The fact that you think education is bullshit means you're educated enough to have an opinion about it.

• No, men can rob the bank with education or not.