I lack self-confidence and have low self esteem. Why do I feel this way?

I can't recall one time in my entire life where I was confident in who I am as a person. I can't remember why I feel this way or what might have happened, but even what I was younger, I never was confident in who I am. I'm starting to think maybe I was just born this way and I will just have to cope with it and learn to enjoy life the best I possibly can. Could there be other reasons I feel this way that maybe I'm not thinking about? Maybe.. I don't know, but I know one thing, As of right now, life has never been more bleak and dreary than it is right now.

What Girls Said 1

• Same here. I think it stemmed from being fat since birth (not kidding) although I got skinny in high school, my insecurities and self esteem stayed low. And still is.

Accept it. Try not to care. Because it is what is and why worry if you can't change it.

Also, sounds like you have or are on your way to depression. It may be for more than one reason but it definitely isn't helping your confidence.

What Guys Said 1

• Well, if you think your life has never been more bleak and dreary , then you might acknowledge the fact that your life was better than it is now, say 2 years ago. And it was even more better 4 years ago.
    My point is, life gets harder as we grow up and we will always feel it was more fun earlier. At some point in your life, you might even see, this time in your life as the best time of your life. It's all about perception.

Try not to see life so dull and it won't be.