Is "Velen Ho" proper name for a man?

I'm come from China, My English is poor. I'm a male, I got an English name for myself,"Velen Ho" I don't understand English culture. So I don't know this name is appropriate´╝čis Strange´╝č Have any friends to give me some advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• "Velen" is strange in English, I've never heard that name. And "ho" is a slang term for a prostitute here... Maybe try "Ryan" for a first name?

• thank you for your advice. I intend to study more about English culture before take the English name for myself.

Most Helpful Guy

• You want an English or American name for yourself?
    "Velen Ho" isn't either. Why not look at a book "names for boys" & pick one you like.
    www.sheknows.com/.../all-american-boy-names

• I can't landing the url you gave me。A lot foreign web site be restricted in China. But thank you for your advice all the same. I intend to study more about English culture before take the English name for myself.

• Thank you for your enthusiastic. Can I make friends with you? Even if you are older than me a lot……,i'm a IT project manager。Do you have any chat software account?

• We can be friends but I don't have any chat software.

What Girls Said 1

• It kind of is maye try another name that you find to your taste but is also common , most names have a meaning behind them like dean (it mean great leader) so you should find one which suits your personality and that you also like the meaning behind it

What Guys Said 2

• Not really.

I will name you after my first roommate who also came from China. I dub thee "David"! Like your counterpart may you be very successful and popular with the ladies.
    file.aperion.it/.../401326804934.jpg

• velen ho sounds like helen is a ho if you say it quick no offense and its a female name