Which is the best Playstation? And why?

Which is/was the best PS for you?

• PlayStation (console)
  • PSone
  • PlayStation 2
  • PlayStation 3
  • PlayStation 4

Most Helpful Girl

• This is obvious, the PlayStation 2 of course. It had the best games coming out left and right. Not to mention this is where some of the greatest franchises started their journey.

What Guys Said 9

• The original PlayStation, when looking back in history, was a case of "lots of quantity, low in quality".

For that era, the games were not expensive to program, and the idea of pressing games on disc instead of cartridge make them even less expensive to put on the market. The PS1 reminded me of the old school Atari games when the market was flooded with companies just throwing money trying to catch some money with mediocre games.

There were a few gems in PS1 era like Final Fantasy VII / VIII , Grand Turismo, Need For Speed, Grand Theft Auto, Crash Bandicoot Warped, Spyro The Dragon.

But most didn't have staying power.

-----

But damn, the PS2 was probably the most successful popular system in popular culture outside of the Super Nintendo!

• PS2 , still have mine.
    The original big one that can't play movies.
    www.pixelprospector.com/.../...ies-systems-ps2.png

• It really depends on category.

PlayStation 2 had better games

PlayStation 3 had a more diverse and better internet connection

PlayStation 4 has the best graphics

• I haven't played all of them. However, the PS2 brought about the most financial success to Sony of them all. It takes 3rd place as the most purchased gaming console after the Atari 2600 and Nintendo Entertainment System.

• for me was the one. i got the one and te two but the games of the ps one was so cool Doom was brutal :P

• PS3 because its fun

• PlayStation and PSone aren't the same thing?

• Nope, there was the 1rst and original PS, before they came up with the PSone.

• Yeah but it's still the same console with a new casing/design. It has the same functions and plays the same games.

• There are people who still might prefer the original, than the PSone. My point is to see, which one generally is prefered from the outside design, as its functions as well. Some care about the looks too~

• Playstation 2 had all the best games coming out pretty much every week.

• Where is PSP in poll? Play Station Portable?

• Lol, I just included the consoles which you cannot carry around with you. It was my purpose to leave the PSP out here.

• PSone, because it was an innovation!

What Girls Said 2

• I've only played the PS2
    Is it actually possible to play those games on the PS4 or?

• Since the PS4 is new, ut might take a while. But as far as I know, PS2 is pretty popular because there are more games to play with it.

• Obviously Playstation and Playstation 2. I only picked them for nostalgia reasons by the way.