There's always a "1" even when I don't have a new message?

I can't get rid of this "1" beside my name. It tells me I have a new message on here, but when I open my messages, there's no new one :/
When I do get a new message, it says "2", so when I open that message, it's back to "1" -.-

Most Helpful Girl

• i had this problem today. and day before yesterday too.. i tried everything.. logging out. i switched to my phone.. but still it was there.. just leave it as it is.. when you will get some new messages it will probably go away on its own. GaG is having some problems.. that's all.. just text someone.. and and get a few replies. i think it will help.

• I am already messaging back and forth :o
      But thank you, hopefully you're right and it will go away soon :)

• Thanks for MHO. 😊😊

What Guys Said 4

• I've had that for weeks in a row and the problem solved itself after a few weeks.
    I think it's what they call "a bug" :D

• let an admin take a look, its most likely a ghost notification.

@xhoneyxbeex

• Did you try discussing this problem with a moderator or site admin?

• No, I haven't. Apparently this is happening to a lot of us, so I'll just wait for it to go away again

• I am not really sure, sounds like a glitch of some sort.

• It can be a message you didn't check from a long time ago? Probably for girlsaskguys.

• That's not it, I've been gone for a few months, so my old messages got deleted

What Girls Said 3