Have you tried ghost peppers?

Well let me tell you I LOVE hot food I eat it all the time. But I saw dried ghost peppers and I was like well fuck yeah I'll buy that. So we're all having a little bbq and hanging out with my friends all like lets dehydrate these and try them so he grabs a tiny one hydrates it and we all 1.2.3 try immediately spit it out couldn't find anything to drink. Mouths burning like a mother fucker he pulls out the maple syrup like open up so I did. And had a bunch of fruit to try and cool it off. Omfg never ever will I eat that alone again. But I'm totally going to make it into a salsa yasssss please!

So so have you tried them? Or would you ever?

Most Helpful Guy

• No but my cousin gave us the seeds for this pepper and we've been growing them.
    en.wikipedia.org/.../Trinidad_Scorpion_Butch_T_pepper

It's called the Trinidad Scorpion Butch-T and it's the fourth hottest pepper in the world. They're anywhere from 500,000 to 1.4 million Scoville units and certainly the hottest thing I've ever eaten.

I cut one up into small pieces and I've been putting them on my food. I really like spicy food and I like to think I have a pretty decent tolerance for capsaicin. A tiny little piece is insanely hot and enough to make me sweat. I would never eat a whole pepper. I really do like them because they have a very nice flavour. Unfortunately I've decided to stop eating them because my digestive system just can't take it.

They're just starting to ripen so they haven't had time to dry yet. Maybe they're less evil when they're dry because they're pretty a pretty oily pepper when they're fresh and maybe that makes a difference.

• Hmm interesting. I love spicy food too. I'll have to check those out. I don't think having them dried makes a difference it's usually the seeds that are the spiciest part. I dunno though.

• I've dried out a few of them and they are significantly less intense.

Most Helpful Girl

• i love them!

• You are crazy please tell me you don't eat them alone. Because your seriously insane my mouth was numb as fuck. lol

What Guys Said 6

• I haven't, but i'm down to use them in a recipe!

• Try Carolina reeper, it's stupidly hot!

• no, but i would

• Hhahaha, damn. I think I've tried one once. They're pretty spicy. It's the pips that fuck me up.

• Never have but want to.

• i tried one on a dare and i swear it almost killed me! your hole face hurts for a long time after :(

• Omg yes it does. I was almost crying and I didn't even eat it I spit it out.

• "hot peppers and drunk people" always the best combination :P you guys would be awesome on a trip to India hahaha

• Lol probably actually sounds like a brilliant plan. Travel for hot food hahaha or hot peppers

What Girls Said 2

• I have tried it in salsa! Veryyyyyy spicy, but good. Like you, I'm a fan of spicy food. I couldn't eat one by itself, though. That'd be pure torture.

• I never ate a whole one but I've tried ghost pepper food. still count? =P