Why do people like touching my curly hair?

I have naturally curly hair and if I grow it out its an afro so I cut it and keep the front long and spiked up. I awlays have people men or women Pat my hair and sometimes women run their hand through it and ask me how i get it to look like that and what products I use to make it curly. They seem shocked when I feel them itnjust stays like this naturally.

It's not really something I think of doing I don't go up to straight haired people and run my hands through it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have curly hair, but it was extra curly when I was younger before I ever actually styled my hair. I remember being like 4-5 years old and I'd be with my mom and usually older women would start petting me and I'd ask them to stop. I guess it just looks more fun since most people use a ton of products. It doesn't happen a lot anymore, but once my friend brought up how soft my hair felt which resulted in me being petted by like 7 of my friends. It looks fun to touch apparently lol.

What Girls Said 3

• The same reason why they touch my hair and run their fingers through mine. Why they ask is it real, say it's so soft, and ask what am I mixed with.

It's just because you have nice, different, or a special kind of hair that people like or wish they had.

• Lol its cool I guess but a little awkward when random dudes pet me lol.

• I bet you're hair is soft too.:)

• It's fluffy it I grow it out but its more rough than anything else.

• Maybe your soft and fluffy :)

• Well its still weird to touch it especially if it's a guy touching it lol.

What Guys Said 1

• Just slap their hand and tell them not to be rude.