What Time Of The Day Do You Typically Go Grocery Shopping?

This may be a funny question... but what time of the day do you typically go grocery shopping?

I ask this, because I tend to get pretty anxious around crowds, and I hate it when I am about to turn a corner, someone is right there and I almost run into them. And I hate it when the lines are long and people are just all over the place. It makes it incredibly hard to shop, in my opinion.

For that reason, when I have to go shopping, I usually get up around 7-9 in the morning and go shopping. At this time, you barely see any people in the store, no lines, you can carefully go through the isles and really look at everything and it's just peaceful.

• Early Morning
  • Noonish
  • Afternoon
  • Night

Most Helpful Girl

• Aww, I dislike crowds too. Yet, I usually go grocery shopping in the afternoon around 4 or 5 PM. Sometimes, just before I prepare a meal when I notice I am missing some stuff. xD

But, I think this is a good idea; I might go grocery shopping in the morning. However, I once went to a grocery store in the morning before I go to my school, and I noticed, although it wasn't crowded, they lacked some staff.

Most Helpful Guy

• In my country we don't have any shops that are open 24/7 because it's very bad/unfair for the employees (worker's rights are considered important). Even our gas stations close around 10pm. All normal stores (grocery, clothing, and everything else) close between 7.30 and 8.00 pm. This is in fact already very late compared to when I was a child. 15-20 years ago, everything closed at 5.30-6.00 p. m. and on Saturdays at 12.00 am. (nowadays they close between 4.00-5.00 in the afternoon on Saturdays). On Sundays, everything is completely closed, even some restaurants.
    So night-shopping is already not an option.
    Personally, I like to shop in the late afternoon, so just shortly before the stores close. I can decide what store I want to go to. There's one grocery store just 2 min by bike from my place where it's almost always empty and I can shop in peace. The bad part is that they don't have any open meat, fish or cheese section, which are all kind of important to me (the shop is rather small). If I want to buy unpacked cheese or fresh fish to make Sushi, I usually go downtown, which takes me 10 minutes by bike. There, they have much more variety but unfortunately also much more people ;-). You can't have everything I guess.

What Girls Said 7

• it's usually in the afternoon.

• I go in the afternoon because that's when my mom sends us out to go get stuff for our house haha Where I live the stores are crowded with senior citizens and stay at home moms in the morning. You're lucky you live somewhere where it's empty!

• Early morning

• around 1-3 pm i like going in the morning but my mom likes going in the afternoon

• Super early when it's empty

• Between 4 and 7 pm.

• I usually can only go during the afternoon but, if I could, I would always go at like 11 PM. Hardly anyone is there and you don't have to wake up early!

What Guys Said 6

• Between 11 am and 1 pm before school lets out and all the mothers usually run to the market at the time.

• Mostly around 22:00-23:30 hours.
    so nice to have the store to myself apart from the odd 1 or 2 others, the night staff and the emergency services on night shift getting snacks etc

• Whenever I am out of food lol.

• Always in the afternoon when I get off from work.

• When I realize I need something. Could be any time of day so long as I realize I need it

• Nvr cuz when i enter a crowded room the gurls disappear :/