Who else thinks, facebook desperately needs a dislike button like gag?

i can´t belive some stupid shit people post... i wish i could show my disapproval by giving this shit a thumb down. who´s with me?

• Hell yes!
  • no it´s good like it is

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it wouldn't get used a whole lot.

Mainly just in groups.

People would be too.. afraid.. tactful.. polite.. to actually hit dislike when their name is attached.

But in groups, where people have their Troll/sock accts.. where people squabble and dont' like each other already..

it would be overused in the extreme.

• yeah but trolls are a problem everywhere anyway. thumbs down or not.

• yeah but i guess that does happen with a valid opinion too... people aren´t reasonable.

• Yes, but at least if you explain yourself, if it can't be avoided, it can be mitigated

What Girls Said 5

• I am Used to Everything Anyone Posts here, @genericnames5, I have been here going on two years and hopefully counting here, dear. I have seen everything from soup to nuts so nothing surprises me, I just roll with the punches.
    However, what I do Not Approve of is when some dude, rude and crude, Hits my Comment box instead of their own in Answering a Question, from A-Z, and decides to let me have it by being rude and crude. I then decide that they do not deserve to be part of my Gig on GAG and I press my own Block button with just a touch of my fine finger.
    With a Level 9, it appears you have been here for a Month of Mondays and I am sure as it seems, you are tired of all the Repeats and Redrick that can go on here.
    Good luck. xx

• @genericnames5

• ok i´ll do that here then :P you see there is this person who died while DUI and he took an innocent father of a child with him...
      and everybody is like "poor guy... he had to go too early" (refering to the drunk guy). i´m just like yeah he´s dead and it´s his own fault plus he took a father with him. how dare you to show sympathy for such an asshole? ... but yeah try telling that griefing people on facebook xD that would be really rude.

• People have their own way of saying things, @genericname85, and with being here as long as I have and of course seeing everything on the walls and all of FB, nothing surprises me.. Be glad who you are, sweet man.:)) xxoo

• I don't necessarily disagree with you but I think having a dislike button would go against the purpose of Facebook. Think about it. Social media is the only place a person can have 1000 friends. It is also the only place that give u the platform to tell 1000 people what you're doing/how you're feeling/life decisions/etc. It makes people feel like they're important. Also when someone post a picture the only choice ur offered is to "like" the picture. It's so obvious: Facebook feeds people's egos. So in my opinion I dont think there will ever be a dislike button.

• u know, iv always liked the idea of there being just a like button. same as instagram. u can look and see who actually likes your photo or post.

imagine if there was a dislike button. i wonder how many people would be as bold to press dislike and have the owner know who u r. especially if you know them but dont like them much.

at least in this way, potential hate is somewhat suppressed. it'll come out anyway through terrible comments. a dislike button is the last thing we need.

• though a "dislike" can be used as a form of critique to try and improve. it´s an important skill to have, to deal with critique.

• @asker yeah but the trial was a couple months ago. Both women were found guilty of triple murder (the lady was preg) and given life sentences

• yeah man it really depends on the user, and as u know, not everyone is nice about it

• I thought the same way too, when I was a lot younger and a lot more active on fb. Then I read that the reason they don't want to add a dislike button is that they're afraid it would give (potential) cyber bullies an easier way to do their thing.

Now I don't give a flying duck anymore. If I don't like something, I just comment or laugh at the idiot, and scroll on. And if it happens repeatedly, i 'd just hide or unfriend the person.

• It should have one!

What Guys Said 5

• never!

you never heard of that girl that burned her friend's house down for unfriending her on facebook?

next thing you know we are gonna have people killing each other left to right over some bullshit down votes

• facebook isn´t the reason for sick people burning each others houses and killing people. sick people are the reason for burning houses and the killing of people.

• i know that, this individual still did it because of an action that happened against her. yea its not facebooks fault but some people still take shit to the heart when it comes to that

• those people should work on their personality anyway.

• I don't really see the purpose but I don't care.

• Adding dislike to facebook will only cause more drama

• haha if someone posts shit you find annoying, it has that unfollow botton

• yeah but the person who posted that shit doesn´t notice my unfollow.

• true, but why would you want to hurt your friends with a dislike lol. I just unfriend people who always post stupid stuff.

• yeah that´s the go to for me at the moment too.

• dude you should work for Facebook no sarcasm