Was Adam a black man and was Eve a white woman?

Just wondering

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• They lived in Africa and were black.

• If you take that story literal then things become really weird really fast.
    Does that mean they started breeding like rabbits and all of humanity is one major family of incest?

That story is simply not plausible and doesn't fit with what we today know about genetics.

• they were both whatever color you imagine them to be. That's the practical upshot of imaginary beings.

• For some reason I always have the Garden of Eden in the area of NE Africa and the middle east so most likely both would be brown.

• If they were real, evidence shows humans originated in Africa, and took millions of years to migrate to places like Europe, North America, etc.

• Black men don't take no shit from white women.

• Adam and Eve have both been portrayed as white throughout the ages. Not white and black. That doesn't even make sense if you think about it.
    Many writers have portrayed them as very light-skinned, almost pale, with blonde locks and blue eyes. Not that I disagree with that, hehe.

• It is speculated that the garden was somewhere in central Africa so they would have both been black.

• is just a stupid chirstian story that is NOT true in any way shape or form

• If the story is "true" they would both be black, as humanity was created in Africa, or so I am told.

• If Hollywood made a movie today, then one of them would have to be black, just to save the cries for equality!

• They were probably very hairy individuals with a grayish or beige-ish skin tone much like a chimpanzee.

What Girls Said 5

• Well if humans did originate from Africa then they were most likely black.

• Many times I've seen them shown as white people
    But I've seen a black version in Jamacia
    They weren't real but many cultures probably put them as the their own racial image

• You don't know whether they were real or not just like I don't. You can't prove they don't exist.

• It is a story lol its a parable

• Black man? I never heard that before. I assume they were both middle eastern like Jesus but really I don't know.

• First humans were supposed to have originated in Africa. Just saying.

• it's possible they were no specific race. Noah's flood wiped out the earth and people once and maybe God created new races when he made the new earth.

• Assuming you take the Bible literally, I'd agree with you. Considering that the literature style from that time period was largely metaphorical and the loss of information through the countless translations of Aramaic to more modern languages, there's some significant doubt.

• maybe \(//∇//)\

• They were both middle eastern (Israeli)