What do you believe in?

A very simple question.
What do you believe in?

• Science, the theory of evolution and the big bang theory.
  • God, Adam and Eve, 7 days, the bible and Jesus.
  • Both.
  • None.

Most Helpful Guy

• I answered A because I really do believe in Science, Evolution and the Big Bang; however, it's wrong to think that it is either you choose God or Science as though they're two competing views when they are not. Science is about the natural world, it doesn't explain politics, morality, social interactions between humans, art, music or God.

God isn't a scientific subject; it is a philosophical one. The Bible isn't a scientific textbook nor was it meant to be. No serious Biblical scholar would tell you that it is, so the Bible is not concerned about scientific truths or the natural world, it is giving you instructions about spiritual truth and guidance. These truths can sometimes be told by means of the prevailing ideas about the world at the time in which they are told. Since the 5th century Austine of Hippo warned Christians about interpreting Genesis as some literal fact; yet Christians who want to force their own view on the historical text would rather say the Bible implies something when really it doesn't.

I'm no Christian/religious believer; I'm agnostic but I hate seeing these wrong ideas being propagated. I think we should be serious abut ideas, including the ones we don't believe.

• The bible doesn't give you instructions on spiritual truth, it tells you to obey or go to hell. Christians doesn't take it as a guideline, they take it as the only truth and the dumbest of them even take it literally, and read it as the absolute and only truth.

• "The bible doesn't give you instructions on spiritual truth, it tells you to obey or go to hell." That is a contradiction. It telling you that you will go to hell if you don't obey means that it is in fact talking about a spiritual idea. To ask if there is life after death is not a scientific question, neither is it a political nor social question; it's a spiritual one.

"Christians doesn't take it as a guideline, they take it as the only truth and the dumbest of them even take it literally, and read it as the absolute and only truth."

Poorly educated or naive Christians do what you have just described. No serious, properly educated Christian would tell you that the Bible is the only truth. Also I'd like to leave you with a quote from Galileo who was in fact a Christian

" The bible teaches us how to go to heaven, not how the heavens go"

I am not arguing for the validity of Christianity but I am arguing against the oversimplification of Christianity and the idea that this is simple.

• I don't really believe people can be very educated and intelligent, and still be religious. Unless they don't believe in an actual man in the sky, but more an idea.

Most Helpful Girl

• Although I'm a Catholic, I really don't believe in all that Jesus crap. It sounds more like a few men who had nothing to do decided to make a book about a something that never happened and then make a bunch of money out of it. You gotta agree on this one, religion is a huge business all on its own, building the churches, making them look as fancy as possible with all those stained glass windows... They used to collect money from the people for their local church, which, in my opinion, is rather ridiculous. I'd much rather believe in actual facts that have some sort of evidence instead of a fairy tale that has no proof whatsoever.

What Guys Said 8

• My belief is my own, though with
    a base in Zen Buddhism.

See.. I believe in the elemental spirits of life
    or whatever you feel like naming them.

There's the minor deities/spirits, those who
    govern earth, fire, air, water, mountain, forest etc.

Then there's the major deities/spirits, the ones that
    govern time, space, soul, and matter.

Those major ones, are what I believe is what other
    people refer to, as "god", they don't actively do much
    they simple is.

To me it's not whether they exist or not.. like you
    can feel the air, yes? fire is indeed hot, no?
    time definitely passes.. and so on. ^.^

• 0|0
  • I believe in god and micro evolution.

• 90% for Science and 10% for God

I don't believe that man created the hole universe from no where. But i do believe on Jesus History when he faced the humanity.

• I don't know both are pretty cool

• Why?

• I could go on but here's my summary
      Science:
      Cool extinct creatures that make me fear the ocean
      G0d:
      Cool demons that scream metal \m/ and spirits

• Inalienable individual rights.

• I believe that humans really think they know everything.
    We're megalomaniacs and controlfreaks, and we're even conceited enough to label our species 'intelligent', even though it's pretty obvious we're not.

Just look at how power, law and economics are structured.

• God all the way

• Why?

• because he's done so much good in my life and I know it's him

• So you settle for "I just know" you don't want real evidence, an explanation and real knowledge?

What Girls Said 8

• I believe in evolution and I don't understand the whole big bang theory but I'd say it's more credible than an ancient book.

• the power of pizza... :) (i am muslim tho.. so i chose B)

• I believe god created evolution

• I believe in sience, since it explains why is like that and shows evidences, unlike religion.

• I believe in science I just believe there is a God out there overseeing everything.

• A bit of both.

• both, except for the bible part lol (different religion)