Guys, how do women get your respect?

Sometimes I feel like women are damned if they do and damned if they don't. For example, if they have sex with you, they're a slut and another notch in your belt and if they don't have sex or want to wait a long time until they know you well, they are a prude or a tease.

What does it take for a woman to earn your respect? Limited or no previous sexual partners? Dressing non-promiciously? Scholastic achievements? Non-materialistic? Not having a filthy mouth? Good manners? Etc?

6

Most Helpful Guy

• Your 15... I mean... why are you worrying about this shit? xD

Guys at your age, Want nothing other then to be in your skirt, Such is puberty i'm afraid, They act with their hormones, Which is why so many girls your age like to fuck 20+ Y/0 Guys (But thats fucked up in its own way).

So yeah, Just leave it a few years and guys will be less knobheadish

• Yeah, that's what I was afraid of, but it's the truth I guess, at least temporarily haha. Thanks for your honest answer :)

What Guys Said 5

• The question might be asked, whose respect it is that you are looking for. Guys are not a monolithic group. What some guys respect many others might not. There are likely many people whose respect you will never be able to earn, either due to unreasonable standards or an unwillingness on their part to respect women or possibly anyone for whatever reason.

Sexual activity is certainly an area where it seems like women can be held to double standards with regards to what people expect. However people who expect a woman to give out sex are less likely (or so it seems to me) to respect women in general I think. It might be noted that sex is not a rational or intellectual activity. It does not reflect any real strength of character, nor is it a particularly meaningful achievement. It is a more or less a hedonistic pursuit, which would not seem to merit it any particular degree of respect. Waiting by comparison or expecting a certain degree of commitment can suggest willpower, standards, as well as dignity/professionalism amongst other qualities. Not everyone will see it that way or respect those qualities, but those are at least qualities one could respect (imo, others may differ).

Respect is of course also not binary, but exists upon a continuum. All of the qualities you suggest could earn one some degree of respect (and would earn some respect from me). Some additional qualities that are just as or more important than many of those would be intelligence (admittedly kind of hard to change), sophistication, skill/ability, passion (as in being passionate about your studies or your hobbies), rationality, strength of character, and perhaps most importantly, ethics.

But again, not everyone will respect the same things, and it is perhaps worth asking what type of guy's a girl wants to respect them.

• MODESTY

Think of taylor swift

• Most people are incapable of respect in an intimate relationship. Don't know why that should be so but it is my experience. Maybe they don't really have any self-respect and so when you are close to them they lose respect for you. Nothing you can do will keep their respect if they are the sort that views anyone they are close to as unworthy.

• Achieve something, be good at something, you aren't going to get respect for just having a vagina.

• Act like you respect yourself and guys will respect you