Why some people respond to questions/opinions that are a month old or more?

I don’t understand da logic behind it…wot’s da point of doin this?

I believe once MHOs r given…. it's considered ”case closed”...

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know it's kinda weird. i feel the same way about it being case closed once mho's are given. sometimes i think people just see it on their feed and answer it without even looking at how old the question is. i've definitely done that a few times.

Most Helpful Guy

• The purpose of MHOs, from the way I understand it, is if someone has a question and then later someone searches for that question and finds it, the most helpful opinion will be right at the top where they can see it.

But that doesn't mean that there isn't more input available from people who may not have known the question even existed.

Additionally, very few people seem to actually use MHO for this purpose - indeed the concept of an MHO doesn't even make sense for things like the "How do I look?" or "Is it big enough?" questions. Add to that, it doesn't seem like a lot of people really use the search function here - there is very little effort to see if a question has already been asked.

What Girls Said 4

• This is why I'd like to be able to close the question after a certain amount of time as asker.

• hope such a featurre's gonna be added soon... :|

• Sometimes I see it on my feed, and if a response pops in my head I respond. I only notice afterwards that it's really old haha.

• Sometimes people aren't aware that the question is old. Especially if they don't actually go into the question, but answer it from the feed. And even tho MHO is chosen, a person may still feel that they have something to offer.

• Maybe they don't notice when the question was asked.

What Guys Said 9

• Master, certainly you understand someone wanting to accrue Xper points!

• The award of MHO is not important to me - If I see a question that interests me I will answer it regardless of how long it was posted and if MHO was there or not - I answer mostly old questions and MHO is gone most of the time - Most people give as soon as they can.

• Probably because they have strong opinion on the subject, or they are just bored, they have nothing better to ;)

• Some people sometimes answer without looking at how old the questions are. I did twice of three times when i was new here.

• Sometimes I do it when I start following a new person. I have a look at their questions and if they're nice questions I answer.
    98% of the questions I answer are max a week old though :D

• Boredom, didn't realize it or xper point hunting are the most likely scenarios

• Because the question was good

• Quite often MHO is pretty shitty advice.

• Maybe the asker just updated the questions, selected MHO's/MHG's, or featured the questions.

• By the way, when you select MHO's/MHG's, it will appear on the live feed that "XXX user get awarded the MHO/MHG".

• Also, since some people might visit others' pages, they will always see some of the most voted opinions before, including up-votes and down-votes, and they might click that links, access the questions, and share their new opinions.