How do you deal with that feeling of your heart being ripped out when your crush gives someone else attention?

does it every get easier to deal with watching the person you really like/love giving someone else attention?

i scroll happily through my instagram feed everyday only to have my heard drop when i see that he's like yet another photo of this girl who gets 300+ likes on every photo.

i have liked the same person for over a year now. we are friends and he does flirt with me a lot when were around each other. problem is thats not very often at all.

has anyone been in a similar situation? does this feeling every go away? i feel miserable all the time because i miss him and devastated when he shows interest in someone else!!! :'( HELP IM GOING MENTAL

• yes I've experienced it... it never gets easier
  • yes I've experienced it... it gets easier
  • no i haven't ever experienced it

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I've been there. I was infatuated with an amazing guy for 3 (!!!) years. We went to the same school and everyday my mood depended on what he was doing. If I saw him flirting with other girls (and he's a huge flirt so he did it a lot), I was miserable for the rest of the day, went home and sometimes even cried. If on a rare occasion he flirted with me, I was the happiest motherfucker alive. So, yeah, I'm very familiar with the horrible feeling of the guy you're absolutely crazy about paying attention to someone else, it's heartbreaking. And from my experience, it never gets better or easier. It only got worse. Hold on girl, I feel u so much! ❤

• oh my god you just captioned my nightmare haha
      do you always think of them nonstop and hope to run into them. and when you dont see them for ages you get in bad moods suddenly because you miss them alot?

• Yeah, these days are gone, he's not a part of my life anymore, but back then he was on my mind literally 24/7, I would miss his presence so much even if he wasn't at school for just 1 day xD It really fucks you up.

• Thanks for the MHO :)

What Guys Said 3

• This sounds sou immature

• Gosh that must've hurt, I'm so sorry to hear that. Yes, I've been there, I hung out with a guy who is way more alpha male that I am and people prefered him over me. It really hurt me and more over, it made me feel less. But what hurt more was my feeling of failure to not have such a person as he was. I was basically overlooked.
    As for me, it doesn't better easier cause I absolutely hate losing, but however, I learn to get used to it. I learn to pick myself up and cope with it.

• Did you have alota brothers and or sisters growing up

What Girls Said 4

• I have been there. It didn't get easier and I spent so long just having casual sex thinking it would help me get over then but it never worked.

Another poster here said find a hobby to occupy your thoughts and that is what I recommend too. After a few months I suddenly realised he was out of my mind and I was not only getting on with life but meeting nice people again.

• yeah that happens.. and it never gets easier.. you will be miserable until you are around them.

• Chocolate ice cream is the answer for a broken heart

• Yes, my high school crush kept dating my friends and not me. That was a rough 4 years... and after I graduated and moved, he told me he liked me and wanted to date. I asked him out in high school and he said he wanted to be friends. I don't get it. But yes, it does get easier. I would occupy your thoughts with a hobby you really like. :)