HIGH SCHOOL DILEMMA?

So I am three days into high school. It's okay I guess. I mean there's more freedom and stuff like that. The only part of the day I dread is lunch time. I really don't have friends to sit with so I end up invading other people's lunch area spot. I have no idea where to sit. No one's really inviting. So what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• hmmmm... that's a tough question. I ran into this every year in high school. Especially if it's a set number of seats at a table.

Let's see, from experience I would say "Don't give a fuck and just do what you want"... However I know that's not what you are feeling and what you will do. Hindsight is 20/20.

Honestly, just be confident, keep your shoulders back, head held high, walk around with a smile and people SHOULD accept you. That doesn't mean they will, but they should.

Also, find someone in your class that you share a common interest with and see if they will allow you to sit at their lunch table if they have it at the same time as you. Just say, "You know, I don't really have a place to sit yet, would you mind letting me join you?"

That's a bit formal... say it how you would.

Most Helpful Girl

• Make friends.

Talk to your classmates, look at each others' schedule and see if they have same lunch Period.

Or share your schedule on Facebook, and look at others' to see if you share lunch PD.

I messaged one girl that I never even knew or talked to until I saw her schedule post/status.

What Guys Said 1

• Where are the other kids from your class sitting - Sit with them till you make friends

What Girls Said 0