Is there any scientific reason why people are into people who are older than them?

I'm 19, but I'm more into guys and women (I'm bi) who are in their late 20's/early 30's to late 40's. Is there a reason for this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ya biological your animal brain trys to find the best possible mateing option for your of spring and a 19 year old collage guy chugging bear out of a funnel seems a lot less appeling 29 year old living in a safe apartment with a steady job and some cash in the bank

• This answer is awesome

• Is basic biology

Most Helpful Girl

• there is no found scientific reason. it is not in our biology to be attracted to a specific age group. there are studies on attraction based on fertility - but those all rely highly on social factors (degrees, stability, money, comportment, etc).

however, age preferences are socially enforced through media and culture.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think there is anything scientific - It is probably psychological - A preference for the more mature

• Probably has to do with your maturity level. That's usually a top reason. Could be some other latent preference, but I'd bet money on the maturity aspect.

• You mean I'm immature?

• No, you're more mature than people your age, so you seek people who are as mature as you are.

• Oh, thanks!

What Girls Said 1

• Its kind of a nature vs nurture issue. There could be a number of reasons. Not being nurtured enough by adults as a child, or the simple desire to be nurtured or "guided. Some people just enjoy people with more experience who can teach them more about life, or relate more to the cultural references of that time.