Cooking for a vegetarian?

So my fiancée and I organised this very fancy diner at ours last night. She had invited her manager and supervisor around in hopes of a promotion, or least easing the way to a promotion. She works in retail.

We cook them our "speciality" which is lasagna and a few added surprises... believe me, it's incredible! We just mix in 2 of our favourite things and make the meal!

Anyway... turns out her supervisor is a strict vegetarian. She (the supervisor) didn't tell us!!

So I nipped to the suprmarket and got her a meal.

At the end of the dinner, she ended up making these rude comments towards my fiancée and quite literally stormed off.

Why are (some) vegetarians likes this? Why didn't she tell us beforehand?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have met people like that too. Ugh all you can do is just ignore them.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know why some of them are like that but they are a huge pain in the ass.

• It really left my partner in a mess too. The manager was nice about it and couldn't understand why the supervisor was being such a prick...

• lol my parents did that with a woman who claimed to be allergic to gluten... she had no issues.

• Lol would have been a great way to get back at her though, it's funny how they say they are all strict and everything but yet can be fooled so easily.

What Girls Said 1

• Some vegetarians or vegans are very passionate about their eating habits and why they do not eat meat or animal products. They can preach it almost like a religion. I correlate it to religious folk. Some are polite about differences in belief and practice, and some are extreme, aggressive, and rude thinking their way is the only way.

I have friends who are vegetarians and vegans who exemplify both of what I said above. I don't agree with it, as I don't agree with anybody being aggressive or rudely pushing their beliefs or values on me... But I understand that it happens and I just politely stand my ground, and I don't cook meat around them; but if they see it in my fridge I also don't apologize for it.

One of my closest friends is a very extreme vegan and animal rights activist. I admire her passion and dedication, (I mean seriously who could give up cheese? She says it's the thing she misses most) but it can be a little much at times. We went to a town fair once to eat junk food and ride a few rides, and as soon as we got there she practically bee lined for the elephant rides, pretty much ripping the kid selling tickets a new asshole for the mistreatment of captive elephants. I thought she was going to hit him. I don't agree with elephants in captivity either, and also feel really strongly about it... But the poor kid was only selling tickets. He had nothing to do with the owners of these particular elephants. It was just a side job. Long story short we got kicked out, I didn't get to ride any rides, I was pissed, and those elephants remained in captivity.

You, your fiancé, and her supervisor were all in the wrong in this situation and here is why: while her supervisor should have mentioned beforehand that she was a vegetarian, your fiancé should have asked her if she had any allergies, dietary restrictions, or preferences after she accepted the invitation to come over for dinner. It's just polite and customary. She should have known that working in retail and having experience dealing with customers and people... It's kind of common sense. You're lucky it was only a vegetarian thing... What if you unknowingly cooked something she was deathly allergic to and she had to be rushed to the hospital?

However the supervisor could have been more polite about the situation and was using/abusing her power over your fiancé to get away with being harsh and rude. Once you found out about the issue, you did your best to rectify the situation and went out of your way for her. She should have been thankful.

If this promotion means a lot to your fiancé she should swallow her pride, apologize, and offer a do over. Maybe ask the supervisor what her favorite dishes are and show a little interest in learning to cook them/try cooking one and having her over. It shows contrition and respect for her beliefs, that she isn't afraid to admit when she's made a "mistake" and that she's willing to go the extra mile and try something new.

What Guys Said 2

• Being a strict vegetarian myself, I don't approve of such behaviour at all. I have been in situation where I didn't have any options, hence I either starved or managed with some alternative.

• Bcz of "You are killing these innocent animals" . Aka , Vegetarian's bull shit.