What UPS do you guys use for your modem, router, computer or any other electronic?

As the question states. Oh and for those who don't know, UPS is Uninterruptible Power Supply.

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont have one for my computer or any other device.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't use one. I just use surge protectors. I have a lot of power outages where I live. All a UPS does is give a chance to save anything that's not saved. I save often, so I'm not too concerned about it. A UPS is expensive, and they don't last all that long.

• Out also gives you a chance to properly shut down as well as the fact that you can run the cable wire through it and protect your modem.

• I'm not really concerned about shutting down. I'm not doing anything important as far as data, and the computer itself doesn't care. Windows also handles shut downs a lot better than it used to. If someone gave me a UPS for free I might use it. But I doubt if I'd buy one. Even if it was free I'd look at the UPS surge protection specs. If they aren't as good as my current surge protection I wouldn't use the UPS.

My modem and everything else connected to my computer is already protected with surge protection. Even my speakers are protected.

• Ah good. But the modem make sure it's not just the outlet end that's surge protected, there's still enough going through the cable wire that it's safer for it if you route the cable wire that goes into it through surge protection before letting it go straight to the modem.

What Girls Said 1

• The only UPS in my life is the guy that brings packages to my door. 😉

What Guys Said 3

• I use one that will run all my electronics for at least 2 hours.

• dont use one

• I don't use one.