Guys, Is it really that big of an age difference?

This might seem like a silly question to ask, but I want your opinion :) My sister is older than me by 2 years and 7 months. Would you consider that to be a big age difference or not really? I'm just really curious because some people say it is and others don't think so at all :) Please let me know what you think & thanks in advance

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends what you are comparing, and how old you are now.
    The difference between an 11 year old and a 8.5 year old in say sports is pretty sizable.

The difference between a 24 year old and a 26 year old at anything really is negligable. As an adult specific experience is far FAR more relevent than age.

Most Helpful Girl

• no it is not.. and don't ask this to anyone else.. because you would seem stupid.. actually it is less age difference.. there should be at least 3 or 4 years difference between two kids..

• I already made a disclaimer that I know it's a silly question lol but anyway thanks for answering :)

• & I don't ask people lol. They just ask how much older she is and then comment on it by the way

• alright.. :)

What Guys Said 3

• Depends the age bracket your in...

If it's 10 and -2 yes it's big... but if it's 25 and 27 then no

• The way it works is that sometimes she's three years older and other times she's two years older, lol :) Like she's 22 and I'm 19 but I'm turning 20 in November so it's gonna be 2 again haha :) Hope that made sense

• Yes it does lol

And I meant to say 12 not -2. No it's not a big difference but it is a difference still at your age... because between teen and adult you develop a lot so the changes can be big sometimes

• It's okay (I know what you meant about the -2) lol :) & we used to fight more often when she was a teenager and I still wasn't one but now we're pretty close because I'm gonna enter my twenties too lol :)

• NO NO, it's totally ok, there is some siblings who have an age gap of 5 or 6 years and it's still ok, personally i am older 2yrs and 9months than my younger sister, and guess what you will not notice the age difference.

• I think you're right & we don't usually feel that apart in age :) Sometimes the way our birthdays line up though it becomes three years instead of two but I guess it's not that much :)

• yep it's not :)

• Age difference between me and my youngest brother is 10 years. So I don't see it as a big difference.

What Girls Said 2

• I have 3 girls they are 8,5 and 6 months so mine have a larger age gap. I don't really ever think about it to be honest and I don't think it really matters.

• It's not a big difference