What are YOUR plans for the weekend?

It's Friday! Do you have plans for the weekend? What are some things that are done in your town?
Tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of when Hurricane Katrina came through and wiped us entirely out. We had up to 30 feet of floodwaters. This is a big weekend for people here. Everyone's celebrating life. We lost our homes and our belongings, but the worst part is that many of us lost family and friends (myself included). The memories bring tears, but the attitude of those who came back to rebuild is one of resilience and perseverance. Time to celebrate!

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm going to be taking it easy. I went to the emergency room earlier today because, well, I'm kind of fuzzy on the details, but I remember going to brush my teeth and then the next thing I know, I woke up face-deep on the bathroom floor surrounded by paramedics! My neck, throat, and nose were all in great pain and my lip was (well, still is) swollen. So today, I've just stayed off my feet as much as possible.

Tomorrow will be fairly similar, except I'm going to an early breakfast with some guys from church, Confession in the afternoon, and then might head to the coffee shop (if the swelling is gone, or at least greatly reduced). Then on Sunday, church and work.

I'm so sorry for your losses. New Orleans is a wonderful city. It's been a while since I've been there, but I greatly enjoyed myself. During my freshman year in college, some students went on a mission trip to help clean up some during our Spring Break (this was March 2007) and I was amazed at how far it had come even then. Prayers for you, your family, and your friends this weekend :-)

• Oh my gosh! Are you okay? I hope you feel better soon!

We had a lot of volunteers down here to help with the clean-up. I live in St. Bernard Parish which borders New Orleans and is considered part of the greater N. O. area. We are right on the other side of the ninth ward where the levee broke and the water totally devastated our parish.

• I am feeling better. The swelling has gone down a bit and the pain is subsiding. I just need another day of not doing anything and I'll be good to go.

The last time I was down there, I was in the French Quarter. The mission trip I took down there was probably my favorite though. I don't remember where we stayed.

• That's great that you are feeling better. Definitely take it easy. It makes for easier healing.

Most Helpful Girl

• This weekend will be spent working my butt off. Im helping to haul out and block over 50 boats at the marina i work at. Im in south FL and with this "hurricane" off the coast everyone is wanting to haul out!!

• Yeah, we have been watching that one. I totally understand the boat chaos. My ex of 13 years is a commercial fisherman. We were constantly moving the boats out and helping friends with theirs.

• Thanks for MH :)

• You're welcome. 😊

What Guys Said 14

• Tomorrow, on the tenth anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, I will be listening to the author or "Landfall", a novel set in Hurricane Katrina, read from her book and answer questions. Very Timely! then out to a celebration dinner with her and some others.

• Wow! That sounds nice!

• Thank you. I'm also looking for new and intriguing ;) things!

• @BelleGirl21 I will let you know soon how it reads for me. In the meantime, I loved "When I was Elena". It had much happiness and laughter, but also danger and sadness when she discussed what she faced and what the lives of women their are like. See www.goodreads.com/.../1727079.When_I_Was_Elena for a better idea.

• I've got grand plans, alright. Lots of rest and relaxation, with some (or maybe a lot?) of biking mixed in.

• Sounds like fun! I would love to be in an area where biking was safer. Too many people get killed while on bikes here.

• Yeah, Orange County isn't the most bike friendly place in the world either. Lots of motorists and traffic.

I stick to my trails mostly, though.

• Nothing special. I'll sleep, kill time on the internet, play some games, watch a soccer match on TV, watch one more episode of Under the Dome and probably a film.

• I don't know my plans yet. Depending on if I have time and can find my matching converter I may build another digital antenna

• Yeah I saw it mentioned in news - Hard to believe it has been 10 years

• It is hard to believe. It seems like it was maybe 5 years ago. Time sure does fly.

• I'll just be doing some math.

• Just finished work, and now sipping Jameson with cranberry juice. i think i might go dancing tonight then come home watch the football

very boring ;p

• Lol. Definitely boring.

• I don't doubt it. That's why I don't donate to organizations claiming to help people. I help individuals myself in whatever ways I can and in however I see would be needed the most.

• that is the wise way to be

• Yes. Very exciting.
    Friday - work
    Saturday - work
    Sunday -work and laundry.

I might get a little crazy on Saturday and wash my car. 😱

• Sorry to hear you effected by it I am just gonna screw around like i usually do

• I'll probably just stay in and sleep

• homework, work and videogames

• I'm gunna celebrate my birthday on Sunday

and yea are you from new orleans too?

• Yes. Does that mean that you are?

• The camper wasn't too bad. Especially once our friends moved out. Lol. The worst part was all the traveling. We had the 7 of us plus 7 rabbits and a dog. The heat and humidity was HORRIBLE. We were also in a truck with no a/c. We lost two rabbits to death during the trip and one rabbit who somehow got out of the cage and jumped out of the truck. We had a 3 month old baby at the time and couldn't find formula anywhere. She got so overheated. I had to completely strip her down and keep stopping at the red cross stations for bottled water and diapers until we got to Opelousas. My mom had us put on a waiting list for a hotel room out there. Because of the kids, we were bumped to the top and got a room. We stayed there for like 3 weeks. In the process of getting to Opelousas, we stopped in Abita Springs, Pearl River and Lafayette to stay a night or two with people we knew. We only had to spend 2 nights in the truck. During the 3rd week in Opelousas, we went and bought a 30 or so ft camper

• with two slide outs and headed to Mississippi, where we stayed until we came home.

• Sorry to hear that I hope you had a great weekend ;-)

• To go up your ass and around the corner

• Really? Next time, have the balls to not go anon.

• I can do what I want

• Haha! 😁😂

What Girls Said 10

• I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even imagine how rough a time that was for you, your family and friends, and everyone in that area. I'm glad this weekend will be a celebration of life, though. :)

I have nothing planned, but the normal activities like laundry and cleaning. I'm okay with that, though, as I need the rest.

• Thanks. 😊 I am so tired of laundry and cleaning. Lol.

• Thanks! 😊

• You're welcome!

• Chilling.

Hey I heard this rumour that they got "tourists" in buses going through the damage parts of your city. Is it true? Cause thats shitty.

Other than that, I wish you much luck and I hope all who were lost will be remembered and that you all remain safe.

• Yes, it is true. They're not as frequent anymore. They used to be constant when we first came back. I hated being outside when they passed. Same for when celebrities would pass in limousines. It felt like we were on display and was quite embarrassing. Money was made at our expense. I surely would like to know where my cut was.

Thanks for the well wishes! 😊

• Once most of the destruction was gone, the tours slacked. There's still some destruction, but the majority is rebuilt or in the process of being rebuilt. People don't really want to see that.

• Thank goodness it stopped

• um probably nothing maybe ill go to the beach. i dunoo my boyfriend got me this big ass bottle of wine so ill prob start and finish that tomorrow night. currently drinking a bottle of wine. That's basically what i do on weekends drink wine its great. And ill probably watch some game of thrones or something. I live an exciting life

• Today I hiked up to a cave. It was awesome. Tomorrow I'm going to finish building the matching benches to the farmhouse table I built. And Sunday I'm just going to church and relaxing!

• Take a HAWT pix for meh! I wanna see the aftermath 👄

• What's a farmhouse table?

• [IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/ay1tdu.jpg[/IMG]

@lifes_curve_ball that's the table. I'm finishing2 matching benches.

• Praying for the best when school starts. 😢

• I have no idea.

• I am going to a see a play in the city with my boyfriend tomorrow

• Well it's my weekend without the kids so I went out and did my usual. Lol.

• I might, probably go out clubbing on saturday! it's been a long time!! ahah :)

• I'll visit a local fair with some friends. except from that, nothing planned :)

• That sounds fun. I like fairs and love amusement parks. It's my inner child. Lol.