Atheists , with all respect I swear but what stopped u from killing or stealing besides the law?

Most Helpful Guy

• loooooool we are persons and i can tell you if u just dont do that stuff because u believe in your god jeez man thats mess up. morality have too be bigger than what u believe.. u have too be a good man no matter what u believe. i respect all people who believe in their religions but that doesn't mean i think its the right way... but that is just my opinion and he have too respect each other

• Let's say if stealing wasn't a crime by law besides relgion why would it be wrong if it's not a crime and I mean no offence srry if u was offended :(

• im not mad :P i understand what u try ask.. like what makes us dont so some kind of bad stuff and i will say moral its the word for that. i hope i help you try understand the why :)

• Yes u did help thank u 😊

What Girls Said 3

• My morality.

• Morals, empathy, and my conscience. If you're saying that you'd kill and steal if you didn't have the punishment of a deity, then I'm very concerned about your mental stability.

• I was just wondering people I mean no offence srry if u was offended :(

• I'm not offended, it's just a question whose answer should be obvious.

• My empathy for people around me, I don’t need some worshiped idol to tell me that.

What Guys Said 11

• My conscience. Enough said!

• Like @aficionado already said, my conscience. Now here's the thing with religious people and their "morals."

You're no different from atheists.

Yes, I said it. Your morals are your own. Every time you have to decide on something, you do so by basing it off on what you find most preferable, not on what's in your book. The only real difference between religious people and atheists is that atheists just admit that all of their moral decisions were made by their own conscience while religious people cover it up with their faith and in doing so are basically lying to themselves.

• I understand now but I hope u r not mad or anything I was just wondering

• No I'm not, no worries, dude.

• Because I don't think it's quite fair for one man's (or woman's) rightfully-owned property to be transferred to someone else's ownership. And it's just not cool to kill, man.

• Empathy and the ability to see the "big picture". If you kill everyone around you, and they all kill everyone around them, then we won't have a functional society as we won't have enough people to fill roles that are necessary for our collective survival.

That, and even religion isn't enough to stop people from killing, nor stealing, though. Churches fund themselves through the exploitation of their followers, after all. In fact, they even encourage it: just look at the crusades back then, and the "jihad" now.

• Personals morals - You can still have an interpretation of what is right and wrong without religious faith.

• Nothing. We're all psychopaths because we haven't been blessed by the lord.

• Our morals. Each to his own.

• I don't have a reason

• Morals

Religion as an excuse to not commit those crimes just convinces me even more that religion was created to keep the masses under control. With 7 billion people in the world and only a hand full of leaders it's brilliant to create a cult in order to socially condition the citizens.

• I have a conscience. I do good things because it's the right thing to do.

I don't need to be scared of ass rape with a hot poker to not be evil. So you're acknowledging that the only reason you're not doing such things is out of fear? That you don't actually care about others, you're just scared of God?

• Yawn, weak trolling.

Trolling aside, it's a monstrous assertion that someone can't be a moral person without believing in a god.

• I am not trolling :( I was wondering

• He could be a troll, but there are plenty of religious people who 'think' that way.

• @bysshe I was wondering I am srry if u r offended :( :(